The Exodus Strain

Have an idea for a project, but need to assemble a team? Here is the place to do it.
MarsMartianMan

The Exodus Strain

Post by MarsMartianMan »

After many failed attempts to start my project on the Marathon engine from 1994, I've decided to switch to the Cube 2 engine.

Because this engine is much more modern than the junk pile I was using earlier, I was wondering if anyone would like to join me. I currently have 4 members in the development team, but I need more skill if I'm going to get this game done. It's been in development for 3 years now, and we need to get shit done. So, if anyone has a copy of Sauerbraten, and a good imagination, we can schedule a server meeting.

The name of the game USED to be "Marathon : Chilron." Now because it's a totally different game, and has nothing to do with Marathon, we've changed the name to "The Exodus Strain".

It takes place on a giant scientific ship (Chilron) in the year 2070 (sometime around that year), Earth's moon has been populated and multiple lunar bases have been established. You are a scientist, returning from the moon to dock with the orbiting Chilron, when all goes to hell. The basic idea of the game is zombies on the moon (yes, the fucking moon), and in the Chilron. You must strive to save human civilization before the zombies fly the ship to Earth.

The zombies were created when your best friend, Adam Grey, finally discovered how to extend human life. The key was a retrovirus that, when introduced into a living body, preserved every living cell it came in contact with. The retrovirus was designed to last up to 700 years, and that's a fucking long time. When tested on lab rats and live cultures, all was well. But when Grey introduced it into his first test subject, he had no idea what to expect. At first, the patient felt fine, so Grey ignorantly let him free to spread the retrovirus. The first cases of incident were peeling skin, hair loss, skeletal structure weakness, and insanity. However, the insanity wasn't insanity at all, it was the retrovirus eating away at brain cells.

The first SERIOUS (SOOPR SRS) incident was cannibalism and extreme violence. Little girls, boys, parents, and even infants came into the Chilron's infirmary one after another. later in the game, the player will find science logs and be able to read them. They will describe the symptoms in extreme detail.

So yeah, I need someone to convert models for me, an animator, and a few mappers. Anyone?
Last edited by MarsMartianMan on Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome to Mars.
Thien wrote:On the bright side, I groped some black dude today.
Firefox101

Re: The Exodus Strain

Post by Firefox101 »

Dude be more specific, model converting we need someone who can model in any format and then convert it from that to .md3 plus we need someone who has the nuts to acually learn how to animate in sauer.
U said u wanted new guns too, we gonna need a modler for that too, and mappers, o yes i could use some help on that part...

btw: i wonder if we could get root to help us with the coding.

/sushi
MarsMartianMan

Post by MarsMartianMan »

Yeah, I'm not sure how hard scripting terminals will be.
Welcome to Mars.
Firefox101

Post by Firefox101 »

not too hard if you know how to work yah magic with cubescript, i think i can fix us up with skylax, but still the postion is open.
MarsMartianMan

Post by MarsMartianMan »

Thought you guys might want some excerpts from the in-game story.

Science sector 2, log 28.
The cultures have grown highly unstable, the virus seems to have left the
containment chamber somehow. Doctor Ramzy has become infected with it, and his skin is peeling everywhere. He is growing what seems to be fuzzy orange appendages on his chest. Ramzy has also grown long appendages where his fingers should be as well, and has come after many of the doctors in fury.
This is not supposed to happen, the virus is supposed to extend life, not destroy it.

Science sector 2, log 29.
Ramzy is now going after anything that moves, and has started producing some sort of dark-green fog in his sealed chamber. His head has fallen off, and he is now showing signs of bone failure.
Now I seem to be getting it too, all of my hair has fallen out, and my lungs have started burning.

Science sector 2, log 30.
Today there have been reports af breakouts all over the ship. Today is truly doomsday for the Chilron. I can no longer hold it in, I crave blood, and I want to kill everyone around me. My skin has started peeling as well, and I have started to grow appendages on my chest. This is amazing, but I fear my cravings can no longer be held in. Today I killed one of the felines aboard the ship. I couldnt believe what I was doing, but I didnt care for some reason. In fact, I felt some degree of pleasure.

Science sector 2, log 31.
I went after my science officer today, I dont know why, I just did it. Out of all other people, I was expected to keep my cool even when infected, damn this horrible virus. I have been put in a sealed chamber with Ramzy, he doesnt seem to mind me at all. I talk to him, but he is more interested in standing there and grunting all day, and probably thinks im one of him. Well, I am, but not entirely yet.

Science sector 2, log 32.
My eyes have fallen from my head, I can see with these appendages, but not in standard colors.
My craving for blood is worse than ever now, my instinct has taken over and I can't help but to go after anything that's not infected. I'm so scared that praying to God doesn't comfort me any more, I try to scream and cry out but my lungs have rotted into dust. My typing skills have deteriorated, and my head is starting to fall off, I fear this is the end for me. More patients are coming into the infirmary every day, all of them have been infected. Children, infants, mothers, fathers, everyone is mutating like me and Ramzy. Adam, if you're reading this, I forgive you. It wasn't your fault.

End Logfile.

EDIT: Full scale in-game model of the ship, that tiny black pixel is a person.
Welcome to Mars.