Halo CE Map

Have an idea for a project, but need to assemble a team? Here is the place to do it.
jordanman615

Halo CE Map

Post by jordanman615 »

Hello, I have a team started, we are currently working on a intense map.... maybe 1/4 of the size of hugeass so still big... but not overly big. This map will be a city location, with a forest, some buildings, train station, residential sections, freeway and some smaller roads. We have modelers, so that's covered if you would still like to help model PM me with your request, and we will see how it works! We are in desperate needs to some skinner for our models, we can do it ourselves but we would like some experience skinners so they look clean and crisp!

So what we need!

Scripter - there will be a few things we need scripts for, if you are new to scripting we might be able to use you (depends how new) but we are looking for someone to help us out with some bigger scripting projects
Concept Artist - Draw out floor plans of buildings for our modelers to follow, so there creative and complex
Skinner - Clean and Crisp skins for old models (vehicles, weapons, etc.) and new model (buildings, weapons, vehicles, scenery, etc.)
Modeler - We have two already but the more the better

We all ready have a guy who knows how to control tool, and setup our finished project, if you want to hep us beta test (a while down the road) then give me a shout, you will need to apply for this so I know you are trustworthy and our map wont be leaked. we are looking for 4-5 beta testers.

So if you would like to help in anyway just PM with request of how you could help.

Our map idea is posted below, it might look crappy, but this is the very basic floor plan, to just help us sort what we need and whatnot. i will give you more detailed floor plan if you are accepted on the team.
Attachments
plan.jpg
Been modding Halo since 2002!
Yodel

Re: Halo CE Map

Post by Yodel »

Whatever you do, don't design the cityscape on a uniform grid like that. Make it less like New York, and more like the older parts of Boston. A straight grid will give unreasonably large lines of sight.
(01:54:49 PM) drdras: wikipedia....isn't that some little information forum type thing?
(01:55:24 PM) jsr694: Yeah
(01:55:27 PM) jsr694: For furries
jordanman615

Post by jordanman615 »

yea thats kinda what i was thinking... but yea that's a great idea!
diamondbackk60

Post by diamondbackk60 »

i can do skins..
jordanman615

Post by jordanman615 »

We have everything we need except Skinners for out custom models? is there anyone out there who can help us with that???... but still if you want to help in any other ways just give me a pm...