Need Modellers/Texturers for the CryLo mod project!

Have an idea for a project, but need to assemble a team? Here is the place to do it.
Diaboy

Need Modellers/Texturers for the CryLo mod project!

Post by Diaboy »

Yes, I hear you say - why ask for help with Crysis in a Halo board? Well, as you can tell from the title, it is, in fact a conversion to allow us to enjoy the great Universe of Halo in the Crysis engine.

The team is currently sitting with nine members, but we are looking for anyone skilled in 3D modelling, and with experience in UV's and textures, who want to join in.
As you won't be expected to do any coding, it doesn't matter if you haven't had any experience with the engine; were looking for modelling skill over anything else. However, any experience with Crysis is a plus.

If you happen to have any skills in texturing then please get in touch too.

Should you like to help, drop me a PM and we'll take it from there. Or, if you need more info, then just ask here and I'll explain in any way I can.

Cheers!
Philly

Collaborator

Post by Philly »

I'd just like to say, CryLo is a good name. :)
T1xAnton

Coagulator Recreator Connoisseur

Post by T1xAnton »

What would we have to be modeling?
Accept Change.
Cryticfarm

Post by Cryticfarm »

Why do you need modelors when you can just take the models form the game. Also, I would be glad to help texture, a bit.
Philly

Collaborator

Post by Philly »

Yeah, why do something legal, when you can do something illegal?
Cryticfarm

Post by Cryticfarm »

Fine...
No illegal :(
Diaboy

Post by Diaboy »

Haha, bang on, Philly!
There's the whole legality issue, and the fact that we may also be using models that do not exist in any of the games thus far. We also want to include more detail in the models we use, so creating them ourselves will give a much better end result.

T1xAnton, the modelling positions that we need, as far as I know, are for Hard Surface modelling. We will probably end up assigning different tasks to different people to help keep things organised and prevent any one person from getting all the work.

We will need someone who is happy to model either:

Weapons - Pretty much what is in the game. We will need very high detail on most of them, as we will be taking advantage of Crysis' capability to reconfigure weapons.

Vehicles - Nothing new here, pretty much all that is existing.

Characters - Marines and existing characters such as Grunts/Elites, but also new ones such as the insurgents and rebels (this is a possibility at the moment)

We already have an environment modeller, but if you feel you're good at that then we'll take you on. The bigger the force the better, in any case.

Unimaginitive as it is, Crylo is aimed at being more realistic than having the artistic style of Halo, so details are the key.

Cryticfarm, I'm glad to see you're interested! I'll get in touch with the project leader and get back to you. If you could please PM me some previous work in any graphics packages that you've done, that would be great.

Cheers guys.
I say old chap, I rather fancy a spot of golf.
Cryticfarm

Post by Cryticfarm »

By the way, I can't skin on uvw maps very well, I do map texturing.
Philly

Collaborator

Post by Philly »

Diaboy wrote:Unimaginitive as it is, Crylo is aimed at being more realistic than having the artistic style of Halo.
If that were not the case, I would glady skin you some skies and environments.
bcnipod

Post by bcnipod »

I know of someone that may be interested in helping if he can.
Twitter: Dirk Gently | Major lulz
Mr. Brightside: Worst mod I've seen since 'Nam.
Website
Cryticfarm

Post by Cryticfarm »

Are we remaking all the textures?
EDIT: I can also model scenery objects. I can't UVW though. Well, I can, not that great though.
crysisassassin

Post by crysisassassin »

Hey guys, I am the leader of cryLo productions. So far we could use anyone willing to hep us out with this mod. It may take a while to complete, but I am hopeing to complete it before early next year. Those of you interested can PM Diaboy or myself pics of your work. We will not turn anyone down. Those that can model weapons will be modeling the halo 3 weapons like the Battle rifle, SMG, shotgun, sniper rifle, plasma rifle, plasma pistol, and the brute weapons. Vehicle modelers will be modeling the Warthog, scorpian tank, ghost, brute chopper. We may add more weapons and vehicles later. If you have xfire my xfire is AceMan1Duck and AIm is crysisassassin. i manly use xfire. Our temorary site is http://www.freewebs.com/crysisdeltasquad and our crymod forums moddb page is http://crymod.com/moddbmods.php?id=354.
Cryticfarm

Post by Cryticfarm »

Uhhh, if the versino is 1.0, odnse't that mean its complete. SHould it be like. 0.0.2 ALPHA or seomthing.
crysisassassin

Post by crysisassassin »

We might do a beta but I want to finish the mod so we can get it released.
crysisassassin

Post by crysisassassin »

I am hopeing to include Multiplayer in the first release, but it will most likely be in a later release.
Cryticfarm

Post by Cryticfarm »

Wait, it doesn't matter if your weapon is over 5000 faces anymore, right>?
Cobain

Post by Cobain »

thats pretty much right crytic....
but still be mindful....
its not like we need 2000 faces that you cant even see....it should still be optimized where needed.
please visit mycity...noob modeler package
[IA]Paul wrote:We're gonna have a slumber party and we're gonna put ribbons in our hair and kiss all the boys.
Cryticfarm

Post by Cryticfarm »

I can't seem to make a AR more then 1200 faces :\.
Diaboy

Post by Diaboy »

As far as I remember, first person weapon models should sit at around 6000 faces max, and third person models should be sitting at about 1700.

However, it's always a good idea to make your model as ridiculously high detail as you can, then make an optimised model. That way, you can create good bump-maps for the model, while having a relatively low poly-count.

As crysisassassin said, feel free to contact either him at the addresses above, or PM me. You can also email me at [email protected].
I say old chap, I rather fancy a spot of golf.
Cryticfarm

Post by Cryticfarm »

Diaboy wrote:As far as I remember, first person weapon models should sit at around 6000 faces max, and third person models should be sitting at about 1700.

However, it's always a good idea to make your model as ridiculously high detail as you can, then make an optimised model. That way, you can create good bump-maps for the model, while having a relatively low poly-count.

As crysisassassin said, feel free to contact either him at the addresses above, or PM me. You can also email me at [email protected].
Are you sure? Cause the rifles in halo 1 are like, 5000 faces max.