Legend of Halo

Have an idea for a project, but need to assemble a team? Here is the place to do it.
willtheoct

Articulatist 50

Legend of Halo

Post by willtheoct »

okay, being a fan of zelda and halo, i really want to make zelda mods for PC, CE, trial, whatever i can.

while i'm fairly new to modding CE, i have great experience with emulation, and have all the required tools and materials to extract levels and textures from OOT and Majora's Mask. there are model packs everywhere for Twilight princess.

anyway, kokiri forest and hyrule field maps have been released and can be found at http://hce.halomaps.org/ by the first PZO team. from the screenshots, however, it looked like they had alot more coming up. sadly, the PZO team disappeared mysteriously.

Team:
Willtheoct:coordinator, texture extractor, model extractor, tag maker, level design.
Gothamite: general HEK guy, model fixer. he disappeared.
formlesstree4: zelda 64 extractor.
DeadHamster might help. he doesn't want to get involved, but could fix something occasionally.

current progress: dodongo needs lightmaps and weapon tags.

next project: path to hyrule castle

What i need:
tag makers. make... tags... of stuff...(ie:weapons, vehicles, rigging, and converting models into HCE population)

graphic/logo designer: i'm gonna need affiliate buttons and logos and nav buttons, and avatars possibly.
Last edited by willtheoct on Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:53 am, edited 11 times in total.
Cryticfarm

Post by Cryticfarm »

Can't rip the models.
willtheoct

Articulatist 50

Post by willtheoct »

why not? legal issue? i just called nintendo.

they said they wouldnt approve, but wouldnt care either.

and then, distributing Halo PC mods is illegal, but here's a whole forum dedicated to it.

EDIT: do you mean you, specifically, cant? if you cant extract actors, well neither can i, so try levels.
Last edited by willtheoct on Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
formlesstree4

Post by formlesstree4 »

I'll join...i got 3ds max 9...so hey, why not..i love zelda anyway

sent you a pm.

Edit:

I can design sites and such. I have knowledge of zelda, UoT, and ZRE. I have emulation ability, and such. I have a buddy who is a good skinner and can do logos and stuff....plus, I can attempt to help with tool..
masterhakzor1

Zelda map/s

Post by masterhakzor1 »

I would like to be a part of making these maps. I am a halo modder and I know a bit about injecting and extracting models. Also i read that you wanted a logo well i have come up with this http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm23 ... dalogo.jpg . I did it in about 10 minutes so don't criticise too much.
Cryticfarm

Re: Zelda map/s

Post by Cryticfarm »

masterhakzor1 wrote:I would like to be a part of making these maps. I am a halo modder and I know a bit about injecting and extracting models. Also i read that you wanted a logo well i have come up with this http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm23 ... dalogo.jpg . I did it in about 10 minutes so don't criticise too much.
Dude, it looks like horribly made magic wanded text, +the exploding planet tutorial. And with the other tutorial for the weird thing in the back ground. After that, you just stuck in like the words "Halo CE" and flipped it. Also, just to tell you, it looks like you saved it at 5 quality. But, this isn't a forum to critisise lol. Secondly, this topic is like, 5 months old before formlesstree4 bumped.
formlesstree4

Post by formlesstree4 »

Secondly, this topic is like, 5 months old before formlesstree4
bumped.

and....your point? Yes, it's 5 months old, but it's for PZO2...which wouldn't you agree could be rather cool? I mean, if he responds that is....heck, if he even still goes here, we could start this.
bcnipod

Post by bcnipod »

formlesstree4 wrote:
Secondly, this topic is like, 5 months old before formlesstree4
bumped.

and....your point? Yes, it's 5 months old, but it's for PZO2...which wouldn't you agree could be rather cool? I mean, if he responds that is....heck, if he even still goes here, we could start this.
the point is don't bump old topics, if you are interested, then you should have PM'd the topic creator.
Twitter: Dirk Gently | Major lulz
Mr. Brightside: Worst mod I've seen since 'Nam.
Website
formlesstree4

Post by formlesstree4 »

oh....well I did that too....
masterhakzor1

Logo

Post by masterhakzor1 »

Like i said, I did it in 10 minutes and it was 4 in the morning. Plus that was some major critisism on your part Cryticfarm....
willtheoct

Articulatist 50

Post by willtheoct »

you know, i thought it would just be me and gothamite. but then people started talking to me on MSN and xfire, so sorry i'm 2 days late on responding.

the name was changed to Legend of Halo.

i like the fire, but... i got to hand it to you, the rest was... not good.

we set up forums but didn't put in much content as it is only known to 3 people. most of(if not all) the content is hidden to non-admins and mods. and yes, i did just take some halo skin and didn't even bother to edit it, because until we finish a map and find a webhost(i have a friend, but he wants decent traffic, and he hasn't been online in a while), the forums aren't necessarily something to complete yet.
http://z4.invisionfree.com/LOH/index.php?

we are currently working on dodongo cavern, and gothamite managed to tool it, and make it available for sapien. he sent it to me, but sapien brings up a black screen for me. kakariko village bsp and all of its textures have been extracted. i hope to do the path to hyrule castle next.

yes, i still go here, but i haven't in the past 10 days. sorry bout that.

formlesstree4, more extractors would be helpful. next things i need are dodongo's cavern textures(use Nemu64) and the model for the path to hyrule castle(as kid link, its the one after the town).

i'm hoping to take future versions of link too, and i made a "spinner" topic, if anyone could help me on that, the twilight link is a yes. i already have the biped tags.
Last edited by willtheoct on Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Legend of Halo
Legend of Halo forums(little to no content)

10012% of signature statistics are inaccurate. if you're one of the 746% with a real statistic, put this in your sig.
formlesstree4

Post by formlesstree4 »

sure thing :)
willtheoct

Articulatist 50

Post by willtheoct »

just a little heads up to whoever would like to know the status of the project.

jahrain is starting to release long forgotten maps.
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=3971
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=3977
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=3978

we dont know exactly which ones he's made, so we're just making whatever we think is best for multiplayer. we are also making the maps better quality, and we use twilight princess objects on z64 maps. this means we will have swords, flying twilit bird things, new epona, ball and chain(possibly), spinner, multiple types of weapons(wood sword, royal sword, sword of time, arrows, light arrows), a clawshot that brings you to the target(hopefully), pots, bombs, and whatever else is requested/we can find.

gothamite is currently making the weapon tags, and i hear he's comming along well with the sword, and made an fp animation and other things.

preston is working on the vehicles tags. he doesn't have the latest model though, as gothamite still has it. they traded jobs.

we are still open for applicants. right now, we need someone to help gothamite with weapon tags and a UV mapper.
Legend of Halo

10012% of signature statistics are inaccurate. if you're one of the 746% with a real statistic, put this in your sig.
willtheoct

Articulatist 50

Post by willtheoct »

irrelevant?

we're trying to make these maps fun. we're pretty much done the first map(and with tags, the next maps require substantially less work).

and that guy doesn't seem to be getting anywhere.
Legend of Halo

supersniper

Post by supersniper »

I was just posting those links so you can see who else is making zelda maps. Also if you guys wanted to help each other out or merge or just ask him for help if needed. That's all.
willtheoct

Articulatist 50

Post by willtheoct »

yeah. i also didnt know halomaps had forums... wow.

so i posted a topic and got a new applicant very quickly... someone else says its pressure of competition. except we're making different things.

also, we now have a webhost.
Legend of Halo

formlesstree4

Post by formlesstree4 »

Woohoo an update!

Yay, well, since Will posted on halomaps, I'll post here.

The textures on dodongo's cavern are looking good.
Here are three good renders:
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/6519/render4mp9.jpg
http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/7788/render7lo5.jpg
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/6940/render11sb7.jpg

I know about the UVW error on the last image, so no messages about it.
Cryticfarm

Post by Cryticfarm »

Very very very blocky, however, ITS SUPPOSEID TO BE DAT WAY. <3 Zelda.
willtheoct

Articulatist 50

Post by willtheoct »

OOT had a good renderer though. it would round some edges or move models into place.

damn nintendo and their awesomeness.
Legend of Halo