anyone with 3d model knowledge and texture/model architectur

Have an idea for a project, but need to assemble a team? Here is the place to do it.
50centz

anyone with 3d model knowledge and texture/model architectur

Post by 50centz »

Its a great FPS games, theres a lot to mod, lots to change, lots of models, lots of textures, lots of weapons, lots of options, I'm trying to figure out how to extract the model geometry from the files, someone who knows 3d models/texture and designing anything in max 3d can help investigage these files, I have the cgf architecture for farcry PC model files, xbox files are slightly simple

let's put our heads together!
if you want to help reply!

*This is the REAL deal, no noobs!
grimdoomer

System Engineer

Post by grimdoomer »

some very smart people tryed but could only get as far as one or two shader swaps that was it.
AI Zones in MP | Ambiance | Gravemind Beta v1.1
Aumaan Anubis wrote:Grimdoomer. The first person ever to mod Halo 2 Vista.
50centz

Post by 50centz »

telling that i'm wasting my time because supposed smarter people than me tried and failed does not help me

now if you could tell me who these "smart" people are, so i can talk to them and see what that they know, THIS would be helpful

btw: by "shaders" do u mean the .xbt texture files of the game? what exactly did they change? and did they know the architecture of header, or file itself, do they know if it is dds, do they know what type of DXT compression it is??etc....

-thank you
grimdoomer

System Engineer

Post by grimdoomer »

ya they stoped like 3 years ago and trust me your not going to get any thing close to custom models in. there in wierd file formats and there are two files for one map you need a opener that knows how these two files share information with each other to combined them.
AI Zones in MP | Ambiance | Gravemind Beta v1.1
Aumaan Anubis wrote:Grimdoomer. The first person ever to mod Halo 2 Vista.
50centz

Post by 50centz »

again this forum post is for anyone who wants to join my team for modding farcry evolution for xbox 1, regardless of any negative comments from anyone else

if you have any experience using a hex editor, know anything about DXT directx 3d knowledge.. or about decompressing files, bmp, texture file structure/architecture, I'd like your help

I have lots of useful information, and some sample toosl I've made myself related to farcry, exploring textures, & exploring models
This CAN be done, I am looking for anyone willing to put some work in to get there, we can put our heads together...

Interested? REPLY!
Got some bullshit to say? Don't reply!
JacksonCougAr

Recreator

Post by JacksonCougAr »

Do you want to get banned? Stop mouthing off in a Halo modding forum.
50centz

Post by 50centz »

jackson calm down, I'm just letting anyone know that this is a viable pursuit not to be misguided by any negative comments anyone thinks on my venture

so if someone is interested in helping me, they will still post a reply and not think that what i'm doign is a waste of time, as it would seem by reading grim's posts

This is the point of what I said before, you can call it mouthinf off if you want, but thats opinion, I'm not trying to pick a fight with anyone, and no I dont want to be banned or flamed :)

can we please keep the comments on topic now?