UAW Assault Rifle [WIP]

Have an idea for a project, but need to assemble a team? Here is the place to do it.
Rockymods

Wordewatician 500

UAW Assault Rifle [WIP]

Post by Rockymods »

I'm no professional modeler but I took what skills I had and attempted to make the Universe At War assault rifle seen in the CGI trailer.

The model came out the best that my program and knowledge of model making could come up with. This is posted in the project recruitment because I was hoping someone would be willing to UV map the weapon properly and touch up on any problems with the model like a scale here or this peice over there needs this and that.

Anyway, here are some pics of it.

I attempted to texture it with milkshape but things can be so unpredictable when using that program to get the model UV mapped in a way.. Like how my number counter never shows up, and it did the first time I injected the model.
Last edited by Rockymods on Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Leiukemia

Wordewatician 500

Post by Leiukemia »

It's very very hard to see and sort of shape/form of the weapon from those angles/lighting. Get some milkshape renders atleast or something.
Rockymods

Wordewatician 500

Post by Rockymods »

Updated to your request.
Leiukemia

Wordewatician 500

Post by Leiukemia »

Ugh, do some tutorials bud. You need some more practice. Yes I understand you're probably new to it, I'm just trying to point you in the right direction. You have a lot of nonplanar faces there, things that aren't smoothed, or have smoothing errors. Try starting a model from scratch, and put as much detail and such as you can into it. Good luck!
Rockymods

Wordewatician 500

Post by Rockymods »

Yeah, when I looked at the picture they certainly were not looking nice... I am still pretty new to modelling though so it is just more learning. This model made me figure out alot of different tools I didn't see before though. Aw well I don't need this thread anymore so let's not have anyone else post.
SPARTAN-OMEGA

Post by SPARTAN-OMEGA »

rocky looks cool, hope its going in halo 2.5 if you scale the first person model down a bit =P
Join Halo 2.5 at http://halo25pro.yourfreebb.com/index.php
dont delete its not over the 5 line max in rules
Angel-Natavi

Post by Angel-Natavi »

What program did you use? Daz?