New and Used maps

Have an idea for a project, but need to assemble a team? Here is the place to do it.
Odb718

New and Used maps

Post by Odb718 »

Basically I've had the idea to make hang'em high vehicle freindly since sparkedit first came out.... and I made it.... but I never got it converted :|
A few of you miiiight remember my original pics. :P
Well I lost that map through the year(s?) so I redid it and made a quick vid of it.
http://www.thecafeof.info/odb718/hangemhigher.avi
That's a short crappy vid but if you play it at 50% speed or just pause it you can see the changes Ive made.

Then I started work on an original map.. but it never made HPC or the xbox..
But now with Prometheus brewing I've been reinspired.. along with no UIX betas to mess around with I made a few changes. Here's a crappy vid of it so you guys can get what's going on with it. http://www.thecafeof.info/odb718/rihad(1).avi again play it at 50% speed or just pause it to see what's going on.
I want rihad (the original level's name) to be a decent 1 on 1 sniper or 8 on 8 full vehicle battle. and I think the size is close but I'm gonna have to see it in game. the level is empty but I plan on having boxes all over the place to add cover. When I get the original level in game there's an additional weapons cache and cryotube area not show... you can see two warp spots if you look closely.... one behind the 3 tables and one to the right of the main entrances to each side of the level. as for right now the two would connect to each other instead of the additional room.

Basically I'd love any suggestions or comments on either level, and if you'd want to help me with the levels that'd be even better. :)
I'd love to get some one willing to make fresh earth/marine wall and floor textures. As you can see Rihad is a mirror image with one side purple (covie) and one side green (cheify), so I'd love some textures or an idea that would tie them together...

But Im gonna be working on Rihad and meshes for UIX so I dont see any HUGE changes coming untill the guys get Prometheus to the masses.
Odb718

Post by Odb718 »

Well I started work on a natural level similar to Rihad. I call it Dig Site 718.
the layout is sort of like Rihad in the fact that it has one main central room and two main rooms off to each side. I didnt put in anything to represent the water levels in the board but hopefully in the finished level the two rooms will be slightly flooded (completly flooding the swimming pool) You can only get up to the sniper spot from the swimming pool room wich is why it's only an exit.
You wont be able to tell from the pics but the final version will have an elevator in the main room that only goes from completley down to about half way up the entire level (for snipping) If you fall in the whole when it's up or down you die. :) Here's a pic of what it looks like so far from 4 angles.
There will be 1 ghost and 2 warthogs in the level. the two hogs will be in the parking spots on each side of the level and the one ghost in the middle.
There's a small back room that will hold the flag and a weapons cache. You'll see there's a driveway wide enough for a warthog special and a sidewalk leading to the back room. The sidewalk is used to either creep around or to jump up out of the way of a warthog.
The swimming pool will be used for hiding mainly. It will be deep enough that if holding the flag and looking down you wont be seen from above the water, but since it's so small a grenade would be the end of that plan. One thing that I forgot to highlight in the pic is the cubby hole. It's dirrectly down from the warthog parking and is used so that you can hide from sniper fire from across the level.
Dig Site 718 isnt 100% meshed up yet but it's nearing completion.

I am still looking for people interested in helping me out in any way.