Question about adding machs

Discuss Halo 2 modding, progress on figuring things out, mapfiles...you know the drill. Cheating discussion not allowed.
blahx32

Question about adding machs

Post by blahx32 »

After I added a few deltahalo bridges to turf the map won't load it just stays at a black screen on the xbox but i can still view the bsp? Anyone have any idea how to fix this?
DemonicSandwich

Advisor Connoisseur

Re: Question about adding machs

Post by DemonicSandwich »

Black screen is when all the objects are being spawned so something (very likely those bridges) are corrupt in some way.

What did you use to transfer them?
How are they being spawned?
You could also try removing those spawns and attempt spawning them from a gun. That will prove whether or not it's a corrupt set of tags or if it was spawned badly.
AIM wrote:Demonic5andwich (6:10:10 PM): structure of a first person weapon animation:
Demonic5andwich (6:10:43 PM): mess, mess, maybe a node?, another header?! wtf!, more mess, tacos, more shit
blahx32

Post by blahx32 »

I transferred them from 05adeltaapproach. I used one of the tutorials on here I think this one: http://www.halomods.com/forums/viewtopi ... ty#p405727
After I cloned the weapon that i was using as the bridge 4 times in the netgame equipment I then went to the swapped those so they were set to mach and bridge. I think I pretty much followed the tut step by step but maybe i missed something. Even though i reset the bridges back to guns it still stays at a black screen.
DemonicSandwich

Advisor Connoisseur

Probably the chunk cloning that did it.

So try this:
Transfer the bridge into the clean version of that map you used. Then spawn the bridge from a gun to see if the tags work.
(Go to a weapon, swap it's [proj] Ident to the bridge [mach])

If the bridge spawns just fine from a gun, then dupe one of the [itmc] tags and reference the bridge in it.(you only have to dupe once since it's just one object)
Then swap one of the [itmc] Idents in the Scenario to see if it can spawn that way.

If it can spawn then add four or so chunks to the Netgame Equipment.
AIM wrote:Demonic5andwich (6:10:10 PM): structure of a first person weapon animation:
Demonic5andwich (6:10:43 PM): mess, mess, maybe a node?, another header?! wtf!, more mess, tacos, more shit
Eaton

Enthraller

Post by Eaton »

DemonicSandwich wrote: If it can spawn then add four or so chunks to the Netgame Equipment.
Doing that could break the map or corrupt contrails.
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

Eaton wrote:
DemonicSandwich wrote: If it can spawn then add four or so chunks to the Netgame Equipment.
Doing that could break the map or corrupt contrails.
Varying plugins beg to differ.
blahx32

Post by blahx32 »

I'm able to spawn them using the guns but when i try the steps that sandwhich gave me it doesn't work when i swap the itmc ident in scnr. It just goes back to the blackscreen in the game.
DemonicSandwich

Advisor Connoisseur

blahx32 wrote:I'm able to spawn them using the guns but when i try the steps that sandwhich gave me it doesn't work when i swap the itmc ident in scnr. It just goes back to the blackscreen in the game.
Ok, instead of duping the itmc tags, just go to the sniper_rifle [itmc] and swap it's Ident from the Sniper [weap] to the [mach] tag of your machine. There is no reason that it would not spawn unless you did something wrong.
blahx32

Post by blahx32 »

K I did what you said in your last post and that worked fine so it seems to be a problem when i'm cloning the chunks.