Injecting AI from Campaign map to Campaign map....

Discuss Halo 2 modding, progress on figuring things out, mapfiles...you know the drill. Cheating discussion not allowed.
Voho

Injecting AI from Campaign map to Campaign map....

Post by Voho »

I'm not that experienced of a modder, so far I've just made campaign variants with...well...alot more enemies for me to plow through, as I love the Halo 2 Campaign. However, I am currently trying to create a variant of Outskirts with Flood enemies. I saved the char and bipd tags, and have attempted to inject them into a clean oldmombasa.map, but it just comes up with an error. I'm rather confused as to why this doesn't work.

I'm using Entity UE 1.6, specifically attempting to inject the Flood Carrier, Infection, Combat, and Juggernaut forms into the Outskirts map file from forerunnership.map. I'm using the plugins it came with at default.

If anyone might be able to supply me with a tutorial or advice, it'd help a bunch.

Thanks.

-Voho

EDIT: Also, I've been using the Halo 2 AIE app for manipulating AI, on my Desktop computer. But it's a lot more convenient to mod on my Vista home premium laptop, and the AIE app won't work on Vista. Is there an app that is compatible on Vista that can easily edit campaign AI?
Last edited by Voho on Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Modification domination.
skoron

Re: Injecting AI from Campaign map to Campaign map....

Post by skoron »

I haven't really done a whole lot with campaign mods, but from what I understand, the campaign maps are fairly fragile. I would suggest decompiling the map with H2Core, and then adding tags with H2Guerilla, and recompiling with H2Core. You could try this and see if it works.
Eaton

Enthraller

Post by Eaton »

I've tried this many times. It never worked. I don't think any campaign map can be rebuilt successfully.
Voho

Post by Voho »

Dangum, I coulda swore I've seen a video with flood on Outskirts before...oh well. I'll try your idea in the meantime, skoron. Thanks for the help, both of you.

Still, is there an AI editor that would work on vista, or even just better than the "Halo 2 AIE" app?
Modification domination.
Eaton

Enthraller

Post by Eaton »

Voho wrote:Dangum, I coulda swore I've seen a video with flood on Outskirts before...oh well. I'll try your idea in the meantime, skoron. Thanks for the help, both of you.

Still, is there an AI editor that would work on vista, or even just better than the "Halo 2 AIE" app?
Entity can edit AI. Scnr tag, look for an AI Squads reflexive.
Voho

Post by Voho »

Eaton wrote:
Voho wrote:Dangum, I coulda swore I've seen a video with flood on Outskirts before...oh well. I'll try your idea in the meantime, skoron. Thanks for the help, both of you.

Entity can edit AI. Scnr tag, look for an AI Squads reflexive.
Alright. I had always wondered which tag to edit for Enemy spawns...seems kinda obvious now that I know >_>

Thanks.
Modification domination.