FTPing Halo 2 to the XBox Hard Drive... help

Discuss Halo 2 modding, progress on figuring things out, mapfiles...you know the drill. Cheating discussion not allowed.
squirrelxb

FTPing Halo 2 to the XBox Hard Drive... help

Post by squirrelxb »

I have been using this thread because I plan to install the Killtrocity Mappack onto my Xbox's HD. The tutorial says go ahead and FTP all the necessary files from the disc: Bink (only the folder, nothing inside), the Maps folder (with mainmenu.map, shared.map, and the multiplayer on-disc maps but not the campaign ones or singleplayershared.map), the Media folder, and the Fonts folder, as well as default.xbe. I did this (all transferred to E in its own folder called Killtrocity Mappack) and the tut says that all I have to do is reboot my xbox and it will be there, but it wasn't in the "Games saved on hard drive" category.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this just not what I need to do at all?

Oh, and I'm using Slayer's Evolution X as my modded dashboard by the way.
NotZachary82

Re: FTPing Halo 2 to the XBox Hard Drive... help

Post by NotZachary82 »

Is it in E:\Games\your_folder_here?
squirrelxb

Post by squirrelxb »

I don't even have a /Games folder in my E drive. I only have E/TDATA, E/UDATA, E/CACHE, and screendump.bmp in there. I think this is my problem :roll: Should I just create one?
grimdoomer

System Engineer

Post by grimdoomer »

Yes.
AI Zones in MP | Ambiance | Gravemind Beta v1.1
Aumaan Anubis wrote:Grimdoomer. The first person ever to mod Halo 2 Vista.
squirrelxb

Post by squirrelxb »

For future reference though, does everyone have to create one, or is it usually there by default?
kibito87

Stylist Connoisseur Advisor Bloodhound
Droplet Articulatist 500

Post by kibito87 »

squirrelxb wrote:Thanks :D

For future reference though, does everyone have to create one, or is it usually there by default?
Usually whatever package you used to softmod your xbox automatically makes folders for you. It's not that it's a bad thing that yours didn't. It just does one extra step for you. While your at it, i'd suggest making a apps or applications folder. Most tools on the xbox look for "apps" not so much "applications" so you are better off naming it the first.