noob: Trying to add Halo 2 Maps to modded Xbox

Discuss Halo 2 modding, progress on figuring things out, mapfiles...you know the drill. Cheating discussion not allowed.
CaptainMidnight

noob: Trying to add Halo 2 Maps to modded Xbox

Post by CaptainMidnight »

Hey guys,

I read over the
Starting To Learn How To Mod. [XBOX] tutorial, but I'm probably missing something very basic. Before I test out and venture to create my own maps, etc. I wanted to use the Halo 2 Maps official release first to make sure I have the process down.... so the maps should be signed and correct.

Here's what I have:

Modded Xbox with Xecutr3 chip. F: drive is my Games location. I threw in the CD with the Halo 2 Maps and I went through the steps to copy the maps to the HD.

I then followed the tutorial, "go to E, then TDATA, and find the folder that ends in 64. Open it up, then go to the $c folder. There will be 3 folders. These are the mappacks you downloaded. Send them all over to your computer. Once you do that, send the maps to the E/Games/Halo 2/Maps folder."

Ok, so I copied the whole folders to my F:\Games\Halo 2\Maps\ directory and it wasn't recognized when you do multi-player. So I copied -just- the .map files and the same thing... not listed in the split-screen area for local players.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.
CM
Twinreaper

Literarian 50

Re: noob: Trying to add Halo 2 Maps to modded Xbox

Post by Twinreaper »

The TDATA location is the default location for all DLC maps. Unless you edited the mainmenu.map file, and rename the maps, the game will always look to that location for the DLC. I thought you said you read the tuts?
WOW! Three years here, and I still haven't released any of my mods :oops:
DemonicSandwich

Advisor Connoisseur

Post by DemonicSandwich »

The "tutorial" you read is missing like 2 or 3 steps.

Those steps include adding the new mapslots to the mainmenu....or applying a patch to the mainmenu that does it for you. The mainmenu patch is stickied in the Downloads section.
AIM wrote:Demonic5andwich (6:10:10 PM): structure of a first person weapon animation:
Demonic5andwich (6:10:43 PM): mess, mess, maybe a node?, another header?! wtf!, more mess, tacos, more shit
CaptainMidnight

Post by CaptainMidnight »

DemonicSandwich wrote:The "tutorial" you read is missing like 2 or 3 steps.

Those steps include adding the new mapslots to the mainmenu....or applying a patch to the mainmenu that does it for you. The mainmenu patch is stickied in the Downloads section.
Very helpful... Thanks!