spawning bipd's

Discuss Halo 2 modding, progress on figuring things out, mapfiles...you know the drill. Cheating discussion not allowed.
Lorkin

spawning bipd's

Post by Lorkin »

alright. I know i ask for alot of help. But alot of what I try never works right. This time it's getting hunters,grunts,and elites to spawn on the map.Now. The elite works fine every way we did it. But the hunter and the grunts wont work. every way I to get it to work it messes up. any one know a way i can get it to work?
grimdoomer

System Engineer

Re: spawning bipd's

Post by grimdoomer »

Your best bet is to rebuild with H2Core. Follow my AI Zones tutorials, it will help you out.
AI Zones in MP | Ambiance | Gravemind Beta v1.1
Aumaan Anubis wrote:Grimdoomer. The first person ever to mod Halo 2 Vista.
xXFeRcHoXx

Post by xXFeRcHoXx »

He asked for how to spawn bipeds in the map, bipeds, not AI.
You can build or drag-drop the biped from another map, you can use Entity or Insolence for Drag and Drop.
I can has limitless potential?
Eaton

Enthraller

Post by Eaton »

xXFeRcHoXx wrote:He asked for how to spawn bipeds in the map, bipeds, not AI.
You can build or drag-drop the biped from another map, you can use Entity or Insolence for Drag and Drop.
AI or not, H2Core is the best program to build in a tag. It would probably build in the bipeds correctly.
grimdoomer

System Engineer

Post by grimdoomer »

Yea and he would probally ask how to make it move later. Either way the AI tutorial will help you.
Lorkin

Post by Lorkin »

Thanks grim, I'll give yours a shot. I'm not wanting AI at all, just a half-circle of bipeds, elites, grunts, and hunters. If I can just make a weapon shoot them that would be fine, but I tried that by injecting them from sp maps, and changing the proj to a bipd, but it always froze the game.
Lorkin

Post by Lorkin »

Well, I ran into a problem. I used http://halomods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=68828 to inject AI. I have Yelo on, but when I load the map it gets stuck at black screen. Any ideas? I'm stumped.
Eaton

Enthraller

Post by Eaton »

Lorkin wrote:Well, I ran into a problem. I used http://halomods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=68828 to inject AI. I have Yelo on, but when I load the map it gets stuck at black screen. Any ideas? I'm stumped.
Same thing happens to me. You either set up the AI incorrectly or H2Core doesn't like you.
grimdoomer

System Engineer

Post by grimdoomer »

Instead of copying all the ai crap, just copy the bipd pallete and bipd placements from the scenario.