Two of the same Bipd's on one map

Discuss Halo 2 modding, progress on figuring things out, mapfiles...you know the drill. Cheating discussion not allowed.
Lorkin

Two of the same Bipd's on one map

Post by Lorkin »

i want two ODST's on one map. One as the eleite and the other as master cheif. But i want one to have the skin for the head a little different. And the other as the normal looking ODST. Is this at all possible?
SpecOp44

Advisor Recreator Snitch! Critic

Re: Two of the same Bipd's on one map

Post by SpecOp44 »

I think so. Just duplicate the necessary stuff for the second ODST and swap some dependencies in the MTAG? (can't remember what it's called...multiplayer globals). And probably some swapping in the biped tags.
Lorkin

Post by Lorkin »

SpecOp44 wrote:I think so. Just duplicate the necessary stuff for the second ODST and swap some dependencies in the MTAG? (can't remember what it's called...multiplayer globals). And probably some swapping in the biped tags.
do you have a tut for that? possibly.
Twinreaper

Literarian 50

Post by Twinreaper »

If the question is in reguards to campaign, then read on. If not, just disreguard this! Actually I do not believe this may be possible. Unlike all other characters in the game, the odst's do not have a second, third or fourth variant. Therefore, there will only be one dependency to swap, limiting you to one type of replacement. To correct the [matg] idea, If I remember correctly, you need to swap in the [html] tag not the [matg] to get a different character. I havent touched my xbox in about 7 months, so I could be mistaken. I do have what I believe to be a possible solution. If you can, find a type of character that doesn't spawn often in the campaign level your modding. Then change that characters variant to a "human setting", thus making (example... only zealot elites, female marines, then change their spawn points, or leave them where they are for added fun! I did this once on old mombasa. I changed all the covie characters to human ones, and I had a couple flood and elites on my side. It was way cool! The sentinels didn't spawn properly in place of the insect covie though, not sure why?
WOW! Three years here, and I still haven't released any of my mods :oops:
Lorkin

Post by Lorkin »

This is for MP unfortunately. Thanks tho.

Basically, I want to replace the MC with a skinned ODST, and the elite with a non-skinned ODST, them both being playable.
Twinreaper

Literarian 50

Post by Twinreaper »

Thats easy. Just go into the [html] tag, and swap "model" idents after you build the odst tags into your map. As for skinning, just duplicate the proper bitmap tag odst's, change one of them to a skin you like, then change the bitmap reference for the character. I hope that didn't sound garbled and stupid....it's getting late! If you need help, tell me the map you want to do it on, and I'll do it for you and send you a patch for it.
WOW! Three years here, and I still haven't released any of my mods :oops:
kibito87

Stylist Connoisseur Advisor Bloodhound
Droplet Articulatist 500

Post by kibito87 »

I don't have the proper tools or resources at the moment but the best way to display which side the player is on is adding the ability for the ODST to utilize the bitmap/shader not sure which, that tells the game the biped is on a team and it's got a color. It was done in halo1 for a few custom bipeds and I can't remember exactly how it goes. I would suggest asking ScottyGee I know he's messed around with this stuff.
Lorkin

Post by Lorkin »

i figured it out. But thanks everyone for helping. I'll be sure to post what I'm actually going to make a mod on here.