help skinning ODST

Discuss Halo 2 modding, progress on figuring things out, mapfiles...you know the drill. Cheating discussion not allowed.
Lorkin

help skinning ODST

Post by Lorkin »

Hey everyone. I'm fairly new to here. But I need a little help. I'm making a map with an ODST in it. But i want to skin it so that it looks different on the helmet a little. Because I'm going to have two different one's. Well the problem is. When I open it in Photoshop, and edit it. When i inject it, it messes up the armor he's wearing. Like the armor such as boots and helmet are normal. But the under armor is all messed up. And i think this is happening when i open it in PS because the parts that aren't the top layer armor is all miss colored. When it's not like that when in extract it with CH2R.
So if anyone can help that would be great
Lorkin

Re: help skinning ODST

Post by Lorkin »

Lorkin wrote:Hey everyone. I'm fairly new to here. But I need a little help. I'm making a map with an ODST in it. But i want to skin it so that it looks different on the helmet a little. Because I'm going to have two different one's. Well the problem is. When I open it in Photoshop, and edit it. When i inject it, it messes up the armor he's wearing. Like the armor such as boots and helmet are normal. But the under armor is all messed up. And i think this is happening when i open it in PS because the parts that aren't the top layer armor is all miss colored. When it's not like that when in extract it with CH2R.
So if anyone can help that would be great
I read my post over and realized it might help if i showed you what was happening with it all. well here's a pic of skin for it.
that's what happens to it wen i open it in photoshop. all the cameo looking stuff shouldn't be there but is when i open it in photoshop
DemonicSandwich

Advisor Connoisseur

Post by DemonicSandwich »

Show us what it looks like ingame.

Anyway, it could be you injected the incorrect format but without a screen shot it would be a bit hard to tell what "messed up" looks like.
AIM wrote:Demonic5andwich (6:10:10 PM): structure of a first person weapon animation:
Demonic5andwich (6:10:43 PM): mess, mess, maybe a node?, another header?! wtf!, more mess, tacos, more shit
Lorkin

Post by Lorkin »

lol.yea. I got it figured out. My friend was doing it wrong all along. but thanks