Making Maps

Discuss Halo 2 modding, progress on figuring things out, mapfiles...you know the drill. Cheating discussion not allowed.
MrNemo

Making Maps

Post by MrNemo »

What programs do I need to actually make new maps off of current "base" maps. I see all these modded maps and was wondering how to do that. I want to make a certain map and it won't take much. I'm already experienced with 3d software and on how to mod Halo 2 via DotHalo and what not. Thanks for any help! :)
xXFeRcHoXx

Post by xXFeRcHoXx »

First and foremost,

Welcome to the forum.
MrNemo wrote: What programs do I need to actually make new maps off of current "base" maps. I see all these modded maps and was wondering how to do that. I want to make a certain map and it won't take much. I'm already experienced with 3d software and on how to mod Halo 2 via DotHalo and what not. Thanks for any help! :)
You can't. No one can.

Its impossible to making new maps, you just can mod them, not to create them.
newbymodder

Blacksmith Articulatist 500

Post by newbymodder »

actually its rumored someone master the conversions from h2v to h2x so you create a map using h2v's map maker then convert the format to xbox but its just a rumor but to flat out model a brand new map then overlay it on oh say waterworks bsp is impossible im afraid.
Join Halo 2.5, Can't stop never stop modding halo 2 http://www.halo25.co.nr/
Eaton

Enthraller

Post by Eaton »

newbymodder wrote:actually its rumored someone master the conversions from h2v to h2x so you create a map using h2v's map maker then convert the format to xbox but its just a rumor but to flat out model a brand new map then overlay it on oh say waterworks bsp is impossible im afraid.
It is said to have been done by a few individuals, but they will never release the method.
RedFox4

Post by RedFox4 »

Eaton wrote: It is said to have been done by a few individuals, but they will never release the method.
Almost sad that people take all the time to learn from the community, make a discovery, but then decide to keep it as their secret away from the people who may have helped them get started in modding.
grimdoomer

System Engineer

Post by grimdoomer »

RedFox4 wrote:
Eaton wrote: It is said to have been done by a few individuals, but they will never release the method.
Almost sad that people take all the time to learn from the community, make a discovery, but then decide to keep it as their secret away from the people who may have helped them get started in modding.
There are plenty of reasons why they decide to keep it to themselves. And they being the creators get to decide if they wan't to release it.
AI Zones in MP | Ambiance | Gravemind Beta v1.1
Aumaan Anubis wrote:Grimdoomer. The first person ever to mod Halo 2 Vista.