Adding "new" things to SP maps - troubleshooting.

Discuss Halo 2 modding, progress on figuring things out, mapfiles...you know the drill. Cheating discussion not allowed.
Dr.Flatulator

Adding "new" things to SP maps - troubleshooting.

Post by Dr.Flatulator »

Myself and Zieon are having difficulty figuring out how to add a new item to an SP map.

I am trying to add a new weapon spawn to SP level on halo 2. I've done this by going to the jackal sheild in the pallete and clicking copy to clipboard, I then click on the weapon palette and click add chunk/reflexive to map. After that I then click Add meta to map.
I do the same for the placement.
I then go into the meta editor and make sure placement 34 (normally there are 33) is linked to pallete number 15 (normally 14)
I then change the weapon for pallete number 15 to the energy sword.
I then save.

I then go into the bsp viewer and find my newly spawned energy sword. I move it to where I want it to be, then save.

I then sign the map and FTP over.

I also tried adding the numbers on a seperate attempt from the BR, the values which tell the game when to spawn it and the float values, whatever they are.

I'm told this is because entity is ... having difficulties.

Other than try a different version, are there any other ways this can be done, or has anyone done it succesfully in entity before?

I'm using the standard 1.3.9 with whatever plugins that included from when it was posted on the forums here a while back.

Feedback much appreciated.

Cheers,

Stuart