Custom weapons in the main menu?

Discuss Halo 2 modding, progress on figuring things out, mapfiles...you know the drill. Cheating discussion not allowed.
medmoy

Custom weapons in the main menu?

Post by medmoy »

Can I add some modded weapons to the mainmenu or shared.map so that I can select them in the quick options? I think in Killtrocity you could select the shield as starting weapon. Some weapons I basically don't use so I could just replace them instead of adding new chunks to the menu.

What about the Weapons on Map? Can I edit the weapon classes so when you select Covenant or Human or Duals Only, my modded weapons spawn instead of the regular weapons in that group? Again there are some Weapons on Map settings I never use so I could replace/edit rather than make a new setting.
My cat's breath smells like cat food
Dragonfire

Re: Custom weapons in the main menu?

Post by Dragonfire »

medmoy wrote:Can I add some modded weapons to the mainmenu or shared.map so that I can select them in the quick options? I think in Killtrocity you could select the shield as starting weapon. Some weapons I basically don't use so I could just replace them instead of adding new chunks to the menu.

What about the Weapons on Map? Can I edit the weapon classes so when you select Covenant or Human or Duals Only, my modded weapons spawn instead of the regular weapons in that group? Again there are some Weapons on Map settings I never use so I could replace/edit rather than make a new setting.
Ok, now, first post in quite a while...

The MM and shared i havent tried (yet), but i think u should be able to edit the names of the weapons listed in the MM through the MATG globals tag, im not sure though. If you edit the shared, usually it carries over into the other maps, but somethings dont...

Now for normal maps, this is very simple to do...

I made a tut HERE on how to fix, position, and inject basic weapon models into halo 2 multiplayer maps. If you need help, PM me via Remnant, im not on here that much...

Cheers! :D
Mod for those who will use them correctly.
TheGeneral

Post by TheGeneral »

It may be possible, but not without a lot of work. If I'm not mistaken the names are defined in a unic tag which is then referenced in a sily tag. So in order to get it to work you would have to add your weapons name as a new entry in the unicode tables, then update the unic tag to include the new entry.

Then you would need to add a chunk in the matg and set the weapons tag reference in every multiplayer map you want the weapon to appear in.