Bigger BSP Download Thread *Updated*

Discuss Halo 2 modding, progress on figuring things out, mapfiles...you know the drill. Cheating discussion not allowed.
Jam_Cliche

Post by Jam_Cliche »

Yeah, I've gone though alpha 1, beta 1.3, UE 1.5, 1.4, and I'm looking into 1.6 now.

It's confusing to keep up with.
Jam_Cliche

Post by Jam_Cliche »

Okay yeah. It'll view the bsp while it's still in Gravemind, but when I put it in gemini, no entity wants to open it.

I think I may have used the ending cutscene scenario.

EDIT: Oh noes! I did. Viewing 07a_highcharity/high_4 now. I'll see if I can convert it myself. (I agree with iGeo, need to learn how to do these things for future reference.)

It wouldn't be a bad idea to keep high_5 for use later. No point in wasting it. I think I'll see if I still have both Net Frameworks. That could be part of my problem.
Jam_Cliche

Post by Jam_Cliche »

Okay, this is driving me absolutely nuts. I can't even open Guerilla now. I get exceptions just opening gemini, and this is a fresh gemini! I hate asking for seconds, but can you convert high_4?

EDIT: Alright, disregard this. I was trying to go to fast and messed up.
Last edited by Jam_Cliche on Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CptnNsan0

Stylist Snitch! Collaborator Commentator

Post by CptnNsan0 »

you cant open maps only the scnr of one.
XTHIRST
Readers Club

Post by XTHIRST »

Jam_Cliche, please post all of the maps that you want converted in the proper way. Here is a link to the first page - http://forums.halomods.com/viewtopic.php?t=56998
CrazyGruntModder

Post by CrazyGruntModder »

Here is 03a_oldmombasa\earthcity_1 (Beavercreek.map) for Benjyp: Patch_For_Benjyp

Also, here is a mirror of the 05a_deltaapproach\bsp_00 (Deltatap.map) conversion for wo0ts: Patch_For_Wo0ts

Lastly, can you add these to the main post if ya dont mind XTHIRST. :D
Benjyp

Post by Benjyp »

cool, thanks :D
Lestatfreak

Articulatist 100

Post by Lestatfreak »

I've got an almost flawless scenarios\multi\03a_oldmombassa\earthcity_1 almost ready if you'd like it. All I need to do is cover up one wall (For some reason it isn't solid.

And the spawns aren't perfect but that is the work people need to put into it. I'm just getting the BSP and all the little quirks fixed.

It even has ambient sound.
Visit MorrowindX for the latest in Morrowind for Xbox.

1:Map File Format Discovered
2:Custom Sound Achieved.
Benjyp

Post by Benjyp »

sounds great!
JacksonCougAr

Recreator

Post by JacksonCougAr »

What do you mean by ambient sounds... Do you mean for example waves?

Oh: and if anyone wants it I can make a working deltatowers BSP_03 with pre-placed player spawns, and one ambient sound (waves...)
Basemap: headlong, beavercreek

Notes:

1) Neither has working deathzones (I'm working on it...)

2) Beavercreek has no fog under the water... not noticeable unless your UNDER the water though...

3) Also there is a beep when you walk over a certain place on the Beavercreek conversion...(not too noticeable (the sound that you here on 3,2,1 of the map loading...))
Lestatfreak

Articulatist 100

Post by Lestatfreak »

jacksoncougar wrote:What do you mean by ambient sounds... Do you mean for example waves?

Oh: and if anyone wants it I can make a working deltatowers BSP_03 with pre-placed player spawns, and one ambient sound (waves...)
Basemap: headlong, beavercreek

Notes:

1) Neither has working deathzones (I'm working on it...)

2) Beavercreek has no fog under the water... not noticeable unless your UNDER the water though...

3) Also there is a beep when you walk over a certain place on the Beavercreek conversion...(not too noticeable (the sound that you here on 3,2,1 of the map loading...))
My ambient sound is almost exactly like the train station announcer-type noises in Terminal.

Oh, I do have two spots where walking causes most of the shaders in the distance to disappear for a second. Only one is real noticeable and I'm blocking it off.
Visit MorrowindX for the latest in Morrowind for Xbox.

1:Map File Format Discovered
2:Custom Sound Achieved.
turk645

Artisan Translator Pyre

Post by turk645 »

I might upload a patch of my newmembassa_04 map(headlong) eventhough i have yet to move the spawns.
ScottyGee wrote:Smokers suck >_< (to avoid someone saying it later, both literally and in the derogatory way)
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way after you make fun of them, you still have their shoes."-Dranciel ಠ_ಠ
CtrlAltDestroy

Designer

Post by CtrlAltDestroy »

If it's possible:

I would appreciate it if someone rebuilt the mainmenu with "sound\music\peril_nl\notaloop\loop.sound".

Sorry I didn't follow the given posting method, but it doesn't really fit the criteria. Heh.

Thanks.
plushiefire

Post by plushiefire »

I need a bsp off of 05b_deltatowers the bsp is scenarios\solo\05adeltaapproach\bsp_01 on any base map. Thanks guys! 8) H2core and H2 guerilla aren't working great for me.. :(
turk645

Artisan Translator Pyre

Post by turk645 »

Any one figure out why it doesnt work for some people...besides from maybe ram issues?
ScottyGee wrote:Smokers suck >_< (to avoid someone saying it later, both literally and in the derogatory way)
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way after you make fun of them, you still have their shoes."-Dranciel ಠ_ಠ
XTHIRST
Readers Club

Post by XTHIRST »

Ok, I added one download and one request on the front page, also, for people that are not reading the first page - Please post in the proper format, it makes it so much easier for me.

Here are your examples for the lazy people :

Requesting

Code: Select all

[Scenario Here] (Base Map Here)
Posting Converted BSP

Code: Select all

[Scenario Here] (Base Map Here) [url=link here]Download[/url]
^Exactly Like that, might as well just copy and paste.^
DoorM4n
Readers Club

Artisan Commentator

Post by DoorM4n »

Can a moderator sticky this for us?
The maximum signature size is 500x120px at 75kb.
halo0001

Post by halo0001 »

ill be a converter since i got this program to run quite efficently too, bout 10 - 15 to get through the whole proccess :)
XTHIRST
Readers Club

Post by XTHIRST »

DoorM4n wrote:Can a moderator sticky this for us?
JacksonCougAr

Recreator

Post by JacksonCougAr »

Why dont we just do all the BSP's? (And out of curiosity what effect does the basemap have on anything?)