Bigger BSP Download Thread *Updated*

Discuss Halo 2 modding, progress on figuring things out, mapfiles...you know the drill. Cheating discussion not allowed.
DrXThirst

Connoisseur Foundry Pyre

Post by DrXThirst »

I would update this, but idk what happened to that account. I might still have it. >_>

EDIT: It's in the readers club. >_<
blade22222222

Post by blade22222222 »

can someone do the last bsp in great journey where u fight tartarus cuz im horrible with bsp conversions
DrXThirst

Connoisseur Foundry Pyre

Post by DrXThirst »

I thought it had been done. :?:
neodos
Readers Club

Artisan Miner

Post by neodos »

Hi,

I am looking for:

06a_sentinelwalls
scenarios\solo\06a_sentinelwalls\sentinelhq_1

I have try to convert with different versions of H2c/h2g and with beavercreek,warlock,waterworks,gemini maps, any of these conversions with that sbsp worked, yes it rebuild but when i open my map with Entity, there are missing tags(half of the tags)

Can someone try to convert this sbsp for me please?
If it works upload a patch please ^^
AFuzySquirrel

Wordewatician 250

Post by AFuzySquirrel »

neodos wrote:Hi,

I am looking for:

06a_sentinelwalls
scenarios\solo\06a_sentinelwalls\sentinelhq_1

I have try to convert with different versions of H2c/h2g and with beavercreek,warlock,waterworks,gemini maps, any of these conversions with that sbsp worked, yes it rebuild but when i open my map with Entity, there are missing tags(half of the tags)

Can someone try to convert this sbsp for me please?
If it works upload a patch please ^^
sure ill get on it. what verions of h2c do you have?
Umbral

Post by Umbral »

Thanks to anyone that can help Ill put your name in the credits assuming that I get it done. <.<

I have been trying to put the bsp of scenarios\solo\06b_floodzone\sentinelhq_3

but when I am rebuilding the map to my Coagulation when the map rebuilder is writing the internal sound raw I get a error (object not set to an instance of an object)

so if anyone could help me out that would be great

Here is a picture of my error.

dan72588

Post by dan72588 »

Ok, I'm SUPER NOOB to this modding thing so are these SP maps you can play in MP once you apply the patches?
AFuzySquirrel

Wordewatician 250

Post by AFuzySquirrel »

it seems that most of the floodzone maps are very large. possibly they could be too big. i know that sentinelhq 1 from floodzone doesnt even work in gemini or containment
Umbral wrote:Thanks to anyone that can help Ill put your name in the credits assuming that I get it done. <.<

but when I am rebuilding the map to my Coagulation when the map rebuilder is writing the internal sound raw I get a error (object not set to an instance of an object)

ill get you a patch umbral. does it have to be for coagulation?
Umbral

Post by Umbral »

no it doesn't i just picked a map I have check the bsp of the flood zone i wanted its not that big also it would have had an error at the scenario tag its just sounds being a hassle again no one likes them.

Ok, I'm SUPER NOOB to this modding thing so are these SP maps you can play in MP once you apply the patches?
yes they are but if your a SUPER NOOB like you say try doing some simpler stuff like skins and injections :)
AFuzySquirrel

Wordewatician 250

Post by AFuzySquirrel »

"SOUNDS"

are gay.
Umbral

Post by Umbral »

AFuzySquirrel wrote:"SOUNDS"

are ***.
They are the juveniles of modding. :)
dan72588

Post by dan72588 »

Umbral wrote:
yes they are but if your a SUPER NOOB like you say try doing some simpler stuff like skins and injections :)
LOL, i would never attempt to do any of this weird stuff, cuz i have no idea what it means, but what i meant was since i'm noob, if i applied these patches to the right maps and ftp them to my xbox (once i fix mainmenu) then SP maps will work in Multiplayer?
Umbral

Post by Umbral »

yes they will just play the map you patched it too :)
killarzachary

Coagulator Recreator Snitch!

Post by killarzachary »

AFuzySquirrel wrote:it seems that most of the floodzone maps are very large. possibly they could be too big. i know that sentinelhq 1 from floodzone doesnt even work in gemini or containment
Umbral wrote:Thanks to anyone that can help Ill put your name in the credits assuming that I get it done. <.<

ill get you a patch umbral. does it have to be for coagulation?
It does work, but not for everybody. It dosen't work for me either.
Umbral

Post by Umbral »

I think Fuzy got it working I wonder why It doesn't work for some people because I did everything right it might just be that it makes minor errors with the Rebuilder or when it Decompiles not sure though Ill look into it.
dan72588

Post by dan72588 »

Wow, this is one of the best threads i've came across, where you can play one player maps in multiplayer with your friends!!
Umbral

Post by Umbral »

dan72588 wrote:Wow, this is one of the best threads i've came across, where you can play one player maps in multiplayer with your friends!!
Keep in mind that your friends have to have the map too unless they are at your house. We aren't that advanced.......yet.
dan72588

Post by dan72588 »

oh, ok, that's it's all good though! sweetness!
dan72588

Re: Bigger BSP Download Thread *Updated*

Post by dan72588 »

XTHIRST wrote:
03a_oldmombasa
-[03a_oldmombasa\earthcity_1] (beavercreek.map) Download
-scenarios\solo\03a_oldmombasa\earthcity_2
-scenarios\solo\03a_oldmombasa\earthcity_3
-scenarios\solo\03a_oldmombasa\earthcity_cine_intro_bsp
Ok, if someone could help me, that will be nice. I downloaded that map from my xbox, then i downloaded that patch above, and then i fixed up the map with hex editor (scenarios\multi\sp\sp instead of scenarios\solo\oldmombasa\oldmombasa) then fixed up the main menu with scenarios\multi\sp\sp and all that jazz and then resign both maps and transfer, then it acts like it wants to load the game in halo 2 and goes black for a second so you think it's going to load it and returns right back to the mainmenu with game setup and start game options again....any ideas how to get this to work?
killarzachary

Coagulator Recreator Snitch!

Re: Bigger BSP Download Thread *Updated*

Post by killarzachary »

dan72588 wrote:
XTHIRST wrote:
03a_oldmombasa
-[03a_oldmombasa\earthcity_1] (beavercreek.map) Download
-scenarios\solo\03a_oldmombasa\earthcity_2
-scenarios\solo\03a_oldmombasa\earthcity_3
-scenarios\solo\03a_oldmombasa\earthcity_cine_intro_bsp
Ok, if someone could help me, that will be nice. I downloaded that map from my xbox, then i downloaded that patch above, and then i fixed up the map with hex editor (scenarios\multi\sp\sp instead of scenarios\solo\oldmombasa\oldmombasa) then fixed up the main menu with scenarios\multi\sp\sp and all that jazz and then resign both maps and transfer, then it acts like it wants to load the game in halo 2 and goes black for a second so you think it's going to load it and returns right back to the mainmenu with game setup and start game options again....any ideas how to get this to work?
You need to set the spawns.