Bigger BSP Download Thread *Updated*

Discuss Halo 2 modding, progress on figuring things out, mapfiles...you know the drill. Cheating discussion not allowed.
halo0001

Post by halo0001 »

jacksoncougar wrote:Why dont we just do all the BSP's? (And out of curiosity what effect does the basemap have on anything?)
well it depends wut bsp ur usign cuz say, coag has alot of player spawns and certain things already spawned, player spawns due to how many like me im doin a pretty small map so i wanted to use midship since that has the least amount of player spawns.
JacksonCougAr

Recreator

Post by JacksonCougAr »

lol... I used headlong (deathzones...) and I used every spawn I could... it makes player spawn very random which I like...(small area map...)
XTHIRST
Readers Club

Post by XTHIRST »

Yea, we should go ahead and do them all so people could just pick the map and download. But in that case, we would probably need a few more people to do the converting. Also, if someone wants to go ahead and call a map to start converting the bsp's in, then go ahead. However, you must comply with all of these :

1. You must already be labeled a converter.
2. You must check your player spawns.
3. You must make sure that the map, patch, and download works for your bsp.

Also, if you are a converter and you fail to do any of the above, you could loose your job as a converter and someone could take your spot.

I think that then we could get a sticky if all maps were converted an uploaded. I will go ahead and add all of the maps and bsps to the main post. :P
halo0001

Post by halo0001 »

ok heres a patch for scenarios\solo\04a_gasgiant\alphagasgiant

gemini base have fun i know no one asked for it but i thought id contribute since its the bsp im using and i had the scnr all made up :) also this has ALL spawns from he original sp map so i have fun! remember to fix player spawns before test!

GEMINI
http://download.yousendit.com/4C26716D595BD2F0
SERENITY
Benjyp

Post by Benjyp »

Benjyp wrote:ha! i've been trying to do deltaapproach_00 to beavercreek all week but every time i try to open the bsp in entity i get something about internal maps not found. anyone else have that problem?
sorry guys but could i get this on coagulation please. I did not realise when i made the request that beavercreek does not have a vehc tag. Thanks guys and keep up the good work :o
XTHIRST
Readers Club

Post by XTHIRST »

lol, I will add it in the mirrors if someone wants to do it. However, its time for me to go to bed, so I will add that one last BSP conversion by Halo0001 and then im going to bed. I will see you guys in the morning! :P

EDIT: Thank you for posting that BSP Conversion, but PLEASE, PLEASE post like this when you post.

Requesting

Code: Select all

[Scenario Here] (Base Map Here)
Posting Converted BSP

Code: Select all

[Scenario Here] (Base Map Here) [url=link here]Download[/url]
^Exactly Like that, might as well just copy and paste.^

^It makes it so much easier on me. ^

Thanks, thirst
JacksonCougAr

Recreator

Post by JacksonCougAr »

Oh; well in that case can you put me up as a converter... (I thought this was just a free-donation thing...)
halo0001

Post by halo0001 »

{scenarios\solo\04b_floodlab\Productionarm2} {Base:gemini} http://download.yousendit.com/63E1719874523B6E

and could this plz be stickied its very useful
EDIT:fixed in the way u wanted me to set it up
XTHIRST
Readers Club

Post by XTHIRST »

lol, halo0001. When you see this post, hit the quote button at the top then look at the way I did it.

See, It changes what you did to what I need:

YOU- {scenarios\solo\04b_floodlab\Productionarm2} {Base:gemini} http://download.yousendit.com/63E1719874523B6E

What I need - [scenarios\solo\04b_floodlab\Productionarm2] (Base:gemini) Download

EDIT: And yes, this does need to be stickied!
shadowfax1007

Post by shadowfax1007 »

Unfortunetly, Im not sure what BSP it is, so if someone could tell me that would be great.

But I would like the start of Outskirts, that little courtyard.

I reckon that would be great for some 2 v 2 battles.

If the patch could be for Beavercreek.map please

(I would do this myself, but my computer isnt up to it.)

Thanks
Benjyp

Post by Benjyp »

that is the old mombasa map that has already been converted to beavercreek. i guess its your lucky day :wink:
XTHIRST
Readers Club

Post by XTHIRST »

Benjyp wrote:that is the old mombasa map that has already been converted to beavercreek. i guess its your lucky day :wink:
Yea, but you still have to move the spawns... :(
Benjyp

Post by Benjyp »

why does the actual map have to be so far away from the spawns?
DemonicSandwich

Advisor Connoisseur

Post by DemonicSandwich »

Benjyp wrote:why does the actual map have to be so far away from the spawns?
Ask Bungie. :lol:
Its because the SP BSPs have to line up during Campaign mode.
AIM wrote:Demonic5andwich (6:10:10 PM): structure of a first person weapon animation:
Demonic5andwich (6:10:43 PM): mess, mess, maybe a node?, another header?! wtf!, more mess, tacos, more shit
XTHIRST
Readers Club

Post by XTHIRST »

lol. I wonder that myself....
shadowfax1007

Post by shadowfax1007 »

XTHIRST wrote:
Benjyp wrote:that is the old mombasa map that has already been converted to beavercreek. i guess its your lucky day :wink:
Yea, but you still have to move the spawns... :(
is it possible for someone to fix the spawns for this BSP.
slayer, team slayer, ctf etc?

thanks
xGhostlySnowx

Post by xGhostlySnowx »

i have spawns fixed for everything but it is part of a mod i am working on..so i guess i might release it soon once i fix a few collision issues with the map.. and some of the sound issues.... then you can get the spawns from there.../
shadowfax1007

Post by shadowfax1007 »

xGhostlySnowx wrote:i have spawns fixed for everything but it is part of a mod i am working on..so i guess i might release it soon once i fix a few collision issues with the map.. and some of the sound issues.... then you can get the spawns from there.../
Would it be possible to please get a patch of the corrected version of this BSP, without your mod on it?

Caus I want this BSP clean, so me and my friends can have some rounds on it, without skins, projectile, or any other sort of mod.

lol, that post sounds rude, sorry its not meant to be. im just after a clean version of this map.
XTHIRST
Readers Club

Post by XTHIRST »

shadowfax1007 wrote:Would it be possible to please get a patch of the corrected version of this BSP, without your mod on it?

Because I want this BSP clean, so me and my friends can have some rounds on it, without skins, projectile, or any other sort of mod.

lol, that post sounds rude, sorry its not meant to be. im just after a clean version of this map.
Once he releases the mod, AIM me and I will tell you how to do it. Wait, nvm, Ill tell you here - very simple

1st Part
1. Open your map in entity, then open his. (Dont minimize either one)
2. Click Windows > Tile Horizontal
3. Make note of which one is at the top and which one is at the bottom.
4. Go to his map and click [+scnr], then double-click the scenario
5. In the right-side window, right-click and hit "Clone Chunk".
6. Go to "Player Spawns", highlight it and click "Copy to Clipboard"
*Now you are done with the first map, should've taken you around 30 seconds.*

2nd Part
1. Close his map in entity and maximize yours.
2. Go to your [+scnr] and click on the scenario.
3. In the right-side window, right-click and hit "Clone Chunk".
4. Highlight player spawns and hit "Overwrite selected reflexive/chunk"
5. Wait til it says done, click ok and then click "Add Meta to Map"
6. The Chunk Cloner should exit out with a pop-up saying done.
7. Hit the "Sign" button at the bottom right of entity, resign your map, ftp, and enjoy!

*Now you are done with the whole process of changing player spawns, this can also be done with any of his other spawns (ctf, KOTH, etc.) Just make sure you have his permission. This should also only take you 20-30 seconds each time you overwrite something.*
xGhostlySnowx

Post by xGhostlySnowx »

well i am going to upload the patch.. but it is taking forever ... so yea sorry it is rapidshare.. savefile wouldnt work for some odd reason...

Edit..here is is....I took out most of my mods.. but i think the spiker from the mod underbrush is in there so yea you might have to take it out/ give him credit (doom)..
-[03a_oldmombasa\earthcity_1] (ascension.map)Download
Last edited by xGhostlySnowx on Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.