H2Core\H2G Help Topic and Map Repository *Updated 04-03-07*

Discuss Halo 2 modding, progress on figuring things out, mapfiles...you know the drill. Cheating discussion not allowed.
newbymodder

Blacksmith Articulatist 500

Post by newbymodder »

my h2c doesn't even let me decompile a map. it opens, i hit decompile and yes i set paths then it gives me the usual error. not valid h2 map file or w/e. i haven't got the latest edition and i know that my maps are clean i checked them.
Join Halo 2.5, Can't stop never stop modding halo 2 http://www.halo25.co.nr/
wistlepig

Post by wistlepig »

does anyone know the name of the bsp used in that bridges to far mod by igeo
wistlepig=groundhog
92% of teenagers have moved on to rap. Put this in your signature if you are in the 8% that listen to REAL music.
bumlove

Literarian 250

Location: Islamic fundamentlist capital of europe, seriously my home town is a hole

Post by bumlove »

delta approach 00 I think
never underestimate the predictability of stupidity
wistlepig

Post by wistlepig »

your talking about the one with snow right

*edit* yea i tjink ur right

*EDIT2* does anyone here use vista because h2core and h2gurellia dont work for me on my vista computer but they do work on my xp computer.
Would anyone know why this is and how to fix it? :?:
wistlepig=groundhog
92% of teenagers have moved on to rap. Put this in your signature if you are in the 8% that listen to REAL music.
wistlepig

Post by wistlepig »

i am trying to get -scenarios\solo\05a_deltaapproach\bsp_00 into mp and when ever i try (i have tyied on several maps including gemini) i get this error when i try to rebuild the map. could someone help me please!!

************** Exception Text **************
System.NotSupportedException: The given path's format is not supported.
at System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CanonicalizePath(String path, Boolean needFullPath)
at System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CreateListFromExpressions(String[] str, Boolean needFullPath)
at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.AddPathList(FileIOPermissionAccess access, AccessControlActions control, String[] pathListOrig, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath, Boolean copyPathList)
at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission..ctor(FileIOPermissionAccess access, AccessControlActions control, String[] pathList, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at core.IO.EndianIO.Open()
at core.Rebuilder.Rebuilder.RebuildButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
H2Core
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Overlord/Desktop/modding%20programs/H2core%20and%20H2gurilla/H2Core.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
wistlepig=groundhog
mr_penguin

Post by mr_penguin »

I have noticed that no matter what I try I can't get H2core to rebuild coagulation without the game freezing in blackscreen. I've gotten other maps to work fine and I used to get coag to work over the summer but for some reason it just won't work now. I even tried multiple releases of h2core and I've tried two different pc's.
Your mom became oversized. Please make your mom smaller before reposting. :shock:
Infern0 wrote:You just shave the excess bush and burn the leftovers.
Aumaan Anubis

Connoisseur Bloodhound Renovator

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

There are a couple BSPs that won't rebuild correctly.

Coagulation must be one of them.
Tural wrote:MrMurder, we're going to hold you to that promise.
It is expected, and demanded.
JacksonCougAr

Recreator

Post by JacksonCougAr »

I get coagulation to work; mostly. The word "work" is used in the sense that it didn't black-screen, nor freeze.
Eaton

Enthraller

Post by Eaton »

If I may submit one of my tips, I have a method that may get some people's H2 Cores to rebuild properly.

First, go to the H2 Core exe, go to its properties, go to the "Compatibility" tab, and check ALL of the boxes. (For XP users, DO NOT check the very top one that says Windows 95.) (For Vista users, DO NOT check "Run as Administrator.") Do this for H2 Guerilla as well. These setting will cause your computer to look... odd while the program is running, but it stops when you close it.
Second, rigth when you have just opened H2 Guerilla or Core open, open up "Task Manager." Go to its process, right click it, and set it's priority to the highest it can go. Do that every time you launch one of them.

Let me know if this helped you! :D
DrXThirst

Connoisseur Foundry Pyre

Post by DrXThirst »

Is there anyway to get this to work on Windows Vista Ultimate x64? I keep getting the "Not a valid Win32 Application" error. I understand what it means, but there's got to be a way to get it to work. Any help would be appreciated!

EDIT: They open as well, but at the same time, whenever I click on "File" or anything on the Tool Strip bar thing, it freezes and gets really glitchy. Also, I've tried checking "Run in Compatibilty Mode," "Disable Desktop Composition," "Disable Visual Themes," and "Run as an Administrator." As well as every combination of them all... none work. My computer is too good. >_<

EDIT EDIT: None of the BSP Viewers work in any of the Entity's (Except for Alpha), they all give me the "Not a valid win32 application" error as well... although the programs themselves do work.
grimdoomer

System Engineer

Post by grimdoomer »

Sounds like directx and other librarys that arent x64 compatible. Try getting x64 versions of them and replacing the ones in the folder.
AI Zones in MP | Ambiance | Gravemind Beta v1.1
Aumaan Anubis wrote:Grimdoomer. The first person ever to mod Halo 2 Vista.