Shoot STRAIGHT plasma grenades

Discuss Halo 2 modding, progress on figuring things out, mapfiles...you know the drill. Cheating discussion not allowed.
IISKETCHII

Recreator

Shoot STRAIGHT plasma grenades

Post by IISKETCHII »

I've been having some problems with projecting plasma grenades out of a weapon so they fly straight, rather than fall out of the end of the gun.

I've been doing all of this in DotHalo ie: weap tag, objects/weapons/rifle/battle_riffle/battle_riffle, and change the proj tag under dependencies to objects/weapons/grenade/plasma_grenade/plasma_grenade, save changes in the Dependencies window, save changes in the Tags window, fixed encryption, signed, and ftp...so when i play and use the battle riffle, plasma grenades just fall out the end and drop at my feet, effectivly killing me!

haha, im more frusterated than anything, but if anyone can give me some help, it would be greatly appreciated!
sharpshot7

Post by sharpshot7 »

Go to the proj tag and find the plasma grenades and click on them and then in the tag editor change the initial projectile speed and final projectile speed to a high number. I changed the numbers to 9999 but thats a little too high. They fly off the walls.
Twinbird24

Literarian 250

Post by Twinbird24 »

Yeah, you have to go to the [proj] Projectile tag in DotHalo. Then, in the tag, click on objects\weapons\grenade\plasma_grenade\plasma_grenade. Then, the tag editor should pop up. In the tag editor, scroll down and change Initial projectile speen and Final projectile speen to something higher than 0. And 9999 is really high. 12 is good if you want it to shoot out of the gun at a fair speed. Note that this doesn't effect how far MC throws the grendade. Also, if you want the plasma grendade to shoot out of different weapons at different speeds or something, you can either duplicate the plasma grenade in Entity or Incolense, then change it.
Signature exceeded 3 lines of text.
GoldTooth

Post by GoldTooth »

Im having a problem with this as well i cant shoot it at the ground only at items like vehicles and people can u help me so i can shoot them on the ground and other objects.
Never Die Alone
UntoldLegendxx

Post by UntoldLegendxx »

you have the proj speed too high set it to something like 40ish for ok range
GoldTooth

Post by GoldTooth »

i have the intial set to 10 and maxium or w/e to 15 same thing.
Never Die Alone
leorimolo

Post by leorimolo »

no all you do is set gravity to zero
xXAnubisXx

Post by xXAnubisXx »

Thanks for this guys, I couldn't work it out myself!
{SBF}Fl

Post by {SBF}Fl »

Is there a way that you can just replace the pistol bullet with the plasma grenade insted of just swaping them?
"Umm...whats a signature? Cause I have no idea why this cool little typing area is here. Well I am going
to keep trying to figure out what this signature thingy is" -Ben
Origins_Mama

Post by Origins_Mama »

How do I get a vechicle or bipd to be shot out straight out my gun. It isn't a projectile so I don't know what to do.
ImpulsiveLife

Shooten them Straight

Post by ImpulsiveLife »

I set waight arc to zero and speed to 300 and they shot out nicely
Something Clever
Doom

Articulatist 500

Location: DHA , SA Team: Liquid Metal Knowledge: Excellent Your Mom?: Yes

Re: Shooten them Straight

Post by Doom »

ImpulsiveLife wrote:I set waight arc to zero and speed to 300 and they shot out nicely
Hehehe I will remember that. I remember someone asked that awhile ago and I think it went unanswerd.

I had a breif thought that for somerason I though the proj speed was in the jpt! Tag =S. But then I though to myself no it isn't... its in the Proj tag =p.

It was an odd moment :P .

-Doom
Sig over three lines of text. <--- lik wtf? mods make my sig 4 lines of text, then they letz tis slide as GTAF says, and den dey delete it? likwtf?
angry man

Post by angry man »

yea i had this prob with my sticky map (everything shoots stickies, ultimate weapon is the pistols, 300 stickies per seconds :P) i messed around a lot and got them to do some funny stuff till i finally got it.
I Can See Inside Your Monitor :lol: