injecting custom models error.

Discuss Halo 2 modding, progress on figuring things out, mapfiles...you know the drill. Cheating discussion not allowed.
Densefire

injecting custom models error.

Post by Densefire »

Ok, so i make my custom model, i extract the model i want to replace, i rename my custom model .obj to the one i extracted (flag_base), and i also rename my custom model's mtl to the one i extracted. but when i go to inject and select the folder where it all is i get this error message.

"Item has already been added" Key in Dictionary: '0' Key being added: '0'

What the hell? firstly my custom model has not already been added LOL, and wtf i must be doing something wrong. Can any1 help?

EDIT: I used google Sketchup Pro to make the model. Google Ketchup does export models to .obj.
NotZachary82

Re: injecting custom models error.

Post by NotZachary82 »

Try re-saving it in Misfit Modeler. Also, your model may have a pretty high poly count / too much detail.
Densefire

Post by Densefire »

NotZachary82 wrote:Try re-saving it in Misfit Modeler. Also, your model may have a pretty high poly count / too much detail.
Thank you, I will try!
Eaton

Enthraller

Post by Eaton »

And use Entity 1.3.3C.
JacksonCougAr

Recreator

Post by JacksonCougAr »

Sounds like you have two materials named the same, and that is causing the error. open the obj file and look to see if there are two materials with the same name being used.
Densefire

Post by Densefire »

JacksonCougAr wrote:Sounds like you have two materials named the same, and that is causing the error. open the obj file and look to see if there are two materials with the same name being used.
That was not the problem. Although thanks every1 for the help! it actually worked!!! The combination of entity 1.3.3C and re-exporting it in milkshape worked :mrgreen:

Wooo i can model in sketchup!! So much easier :twisted:
xXFeRcHoXx

Post by xXFeRcHoXx »

I didn't know that you can model in Sketchup and then export it as a .obj...
I can has limitless potential?