help

General discussion of Halo2 including tricks, tips, and anything else related. Cheating discussion is not allowed.
halomaster666

help

Post by halomaster666 »

i havent been on this site in forf***ing ever and i have my xbox soft modded via action replay and splinter cell and doesnt have internet connection on it is there a way i can mod for halo 2 without internet connection? * please dont flame because i myself am pretty sure i cant idk thats why im asking
DemonicSandwich

Advisor Connoisseur

Re: help

Post by DemonicSandwich »

What do you mean it has no internet connection?

Anyway, all you need is a router to send the files to the xbox. Actually you don't even need that, you could connect the xbox straight to the PC but using a router is far less problematic.

And even if you can't send the files via network, you could still burn the files to a file disk and copy them to the xbox through the dashboards file manager.
AIM wrote:Demonic5andwich (6:10:10 PM): structure of a first person weapon animation:
Demonic5andwich (6:10:43 PM): mess, mess, maybe a node?, another header?! wtf!, more mess, tacos, more shit
halomaster666

Post by halomaster666 »

what i meant was its not conected to the computer and i dont have a router ok thanks for the disk thing also
Eaton

Enthraller

Post by Eaton »

DemonicSandwich wrote:What do you mean it has no internet connection?

Anyway, all you need is a router to send the files to the xbox. Actually you don't even need that, you could connect the xbox straight to the PC but using a router is far less problematic.

And even if you can't send the files via network, you could still burn the files to a file disk and copy them to the xbox through the dashboards file manager.
What kind of disk? I was trying to use a CD-R in the past, but it never recognized it.
DemonicSandwich

Advisor Connoisseur

Post by DemonicSandwich »

Eaton wrote:
DemonicSandwich wrote:What do you mean it has no internet connection?

What kind of disk? I was trying to use a CD-R in the past, but it never recognized it.
Yep, CD-R/RW though a DVD-R/RW would probably work anyway. They both can be burned as a file disk.
My version of UnleashX in particular also has trouble reading them, sometimes it will see the disk, other times it will see an empty tray. But that's why I use a cheap router.
AIM wrote:Demonic5andwich (6:10:10 PM): structure of a first person weapon animation:
Demonic5andwich (6:10:43 PM): mess, mess, maybe a node?, another header?! wtf!, more mess, tacos, more shit
ogrish

Articulatist 100

Post by ogrish »

depending on what brand and model disk drive you have also has something to do with what brand disks can be used.
My xbox can read most brands, but 3 xboxs ive softmoded for friends can only read a few brands of disks.
Sony DVD+R works in all, Maxell only works sometimes in the other 3 i modded. Memorex works for all.
halomaster666

Post by halomaster666 »

can you link me to some that i can put on a disc and then onto my xbox