H2Core H2G sbsp looping sound

General discussion of Halo2 including tricks, tips, and anything else related. Cheating discussion is not allowed.
Domnio

H2Core H2G sbsp looping sound

Post by Domnio »

okay I'm trying to get a looping sound from gasgiant or colossus into Ascension, the looping sound is called something like "gasgiant storm" I think, but one problem... it doesn't seem to be placed in the map's bsp, which is weird because when I start the campaign map up and play it you can hear the looping sound o.O

and also I don't know how to transfer it if someone could help me out with that as well

it's the same sound that is in Captain Pooface's bubble blast mod, I tried decompiling the bsp in his mod to see what the name of the looping sound is, but I got an error trying to do so therefore I am not able to see what he did.
RaVNzCRoFT removed my signature because it contained too many lines of text. I'll read the rules next time.
Eaton

Enthraller

Post by Eaton »

H2 Core doesn't transfer them correctly and will result in the map freezing or very corrupt sounds.

Build the lsnd in with Entity, and swap the snds that transfered with it and link them to the existing lsnd in your map.
Domnio

Post by Domnio »

Eaton wrote:H2 Core doesn't transfer them correctly and will result in the map freezing or very corrupt sounds.

Build the lsnd in with Entity, and swap the snds that transfered with it and link them to the existing lsnd in your map.
but I wont those sounds, if I swap it I may as well not even transfer it :/
RaVNzCRoFT removed my signature because it contained too many lines of text. I'll read the rules next time.
SpecOp44

Advisor Recreator Snitch! Critic

Post by SpecOp44 »

What?
kibito87

Stylist Connoisseur Advisor Bloodhound
Droplet Articulatist 500

Post by kibito87 »

Domnio wrote:
Eaton wrote:H2 Core doesn't transfer them correctly and will result in the map freezing or very corrupt sounds.

So rebuild your map the way you want it. Then transfer over the looping sound you want using entity *after* you rebuild your map. When you transfer the looping sound, afterwards, swap it's reference in the sbsp. That should work without flaw. Or if Entity gives you trouble, use Insolence to transfer it.
Eaton

Enthraller

Post by Eaton »

Insolence cannot transfer sounds.
Domnio

Post by Domnio »

kibito87 wrote:
Domnio wrote:

So rebuild your map the way you want it. Then transfer over the looping sound you want using entity *after* you rebuild your map. When you transfer the looping sound, afterwards, swap it's reference in the sbsp. That should work without flaw. Or if Entity gives you trouble, use Insolence to transfer it.
neither of those programs support the transfer of sound though
gjsdeath

Post by gjsdeath »

Well, Entity does, but just not right.
Try transferring the sounds with it, its always random with it though, it could work, or it could be messed up, or it could not work at all.

Entity likes to brick maps, so, always back up before you do things like this.
Domnio

Post by Domnio »

gjsdeath wrote:Well, Entity does, but just not right.
Try transferring the sounds with it, its always random with it though, it could work, or it could be messed up, or it could not work at all.

Entity likes to brick maps, so, always back up before you do things like this.
I'm just going to extract and inject the sounds manually using Sound Tools I'm having problems duplicating sound metas though

EDIT: damn it I knew it doesn't support sound(Entity 3.1.9) I can't even duplicate sound metas
kibito87

Stylist Connoisseur Advisor Bloodhound
Droplet Articulatist 500

Post by kibito87 »

Entity can transfer sounds that work. Just build the tags in recursively.
Domnio

Post by Domnio »

kibito87 wrote:Entity can transfer sounds that work. Just build the tags in recursively.
what about parsed aswell?

Edit: IT WORKED!! thnx to everyone who tried and did help me :)

see u on MCM gj

EDIT 2: for future reference for anyone viewing this topic who has the same problem as I did I used >Entity 1.3.9<
Last edited by Domnio on Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aumaan Anubis

Connoisseur Bloodhound Renovator

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

Domnio wrote:EDIT 2: for future reference for anyone viewing this topic who has the same problem as I did I used >Entity 3.1.9<
That's Entity 1.3.9, actually.

But much congratulations on getting it to work.
Tural wrote:MrMurder, we're going to hold you to that promise.
It is expected, and demanded.
gjsdeath

Post by gjsdeath »

Glad to hear you got it to work!

And you won't see me on MCM anymore, the server doesn't like my ping.
And using proxy is much to slow. And you won't see me here to much ether.

Not a big fan of HaloMods.