Xbox not launching clean version of halo 2 from the HDD

General discussion of Halo2 including tricks, tips, and anything else related. Cheating discussion is not allowed.
tommo120

Xbox not launching clean version of halo 2 from the HDD

Post by tommo120 »

I have this really big problem where my xbox refuses to launch a clean copy of halo 2 from the hard drive.
I have a hard modded xbox with an Xecuter 3 and i have the Evo X dashboard.

When i put a clean copy on the hard drive, i put halo 2 in the tray and used dvd 2 xbox to copy it to my games folder. It appears in the games list but when i try to launch it, it just goes into a black screen and does nothing.

Any help is greatly appreciated

EDIT: I forgot to mention, other games work fine off the hard drive and halo 2 works fine when i run it from the disk

ANOTHER EDIT: Ive just been messing around and it turns out i just cant launch it from my dashboard... only my Xecuter 3 settings thingy. any ideas? Also is Xbins dead?
spawnova

Post by spawnova »

well, it wont play from hard drive if you have 1.1 update+ it will however work with yelo you can always delete halo 2 update. if this doesnt help then im not sure
kibito87

Stylist Connoisseur Advisor Bloodhound
Droplet Articulatist 500

Post by kibito87 »

spawnova wrote:well, it wont play from hard drive if you have 1.1 update+ it will however work with yelo you can always delete halo 2 update. if this doesnt help then im not sure
Yes. It will.
spawnova

Post by spawnova »

i have evox dash and with the 1.1+ i cannot play form the hard drive it will only launch with yelo unless i delete the update. its a problem he might have had so i sugjested an idea.