halo 2 modding slowly dieing

General discussion of Halo2 including tricks, tips, and anything else related. Cheating discussion is not allowed.

is halo 2 moding slowly dieing

yes
54%
no
46%

Total votes: 37

grimdoomer

System Engineer

halo 2 modding slowly dieing

Post by grimdoomer »

Do you think halo 2 modding is slowly dieing? i sure due what about you?
AI Zones in MP | Ambiance | Gravemind Beta v1.1
Aumaan Anubis wrote:Grimdoomer. The first person ever to mod Halo 2 Vista.
newbymodder

Blacksmith Articulatist 500

Post by newbymodder »

i say not, its slowing down but not dieing, take halo 1 for example its slowed down but isn't dead people still mod on it and have really good mods
Join Halo 2.5, Can't stop never stop modding halo 2 http://www.halo25.co.nr/
AFuzySquirrel

Wordewatician 250

Post by AFuzySquirrel »

Halo 3 will slow down when we can mod it... this weekend will be slow cuz everyones finishing the fight... but it will be bak... at least till we figure out the map headers on the halo 3 maps.... not only that but most people dont want to mod their 360's right now :wink:
[Setting BIPD Variations][url=httphttp://forums.halomods.com/viewtopic.php?search_id=442547533&t=67770][Alumina BETA][/url]
Sgt.Peppers

Snitch! Connoisseur

Post by Sgt.Peppers »

When people start to realize that Halo 3 modding isn't going to happen for a while now, and when there isn't much left to do with the game, Halo 2 modding should come back.
Supermodder911

Connoisseur Coroner

Post by Supermodder911 »

Sgt.Peppers wrote:When people start to realize that Halo 3 modding isn't going to happen for a while now, and when there isn't much left to do with the game, Halo 2 modding should come back.
Agreed
C Wizzle
grimdoomer

System Engineer

Post by grimdoomer »

yay i though i would be like the only one making pst by my self in another 3 months
AI Zones in MP | Ambiance | Gravemind Beta v1.1
Aumaan Anubis wrote:Grimdoomer. The first person ever to mod Halo 2 Vista.
theycallmechad

Visioneer Mad Hatter Commentator Trickster
Firestorm Literarian 500

Re: halo 2 modding slowly dieing

Post by theycallmechad »

grimdoomer wrote:Do you think halo 2 modding is slowly dieing? i sure due what about you?
How do you spell "do" correctly one time and not the other?

Anyway, I think H2 modding will be as dead as H1 modding if H3 modding is ever possible. If not, I think it'll be around for a bit longer.

If H3 modding is ever possible, I'll be finding myself a 360, a copy of H3, and I'll be skinning worth skinning.

Halo's Coldest Map: Hypothermia
"plz" Image "Please!!!" plz lurn tihs!
haloman6697

Post by haloman6697 »

Well for those people without a 360(like me :evil: ) thell keep modding halo 2 so still have a chance
DemonicSandwich

Advisor Connoisseur

Post by DemonicSandwich »

I'll keep moddin Halo 2 even after I get Halo 3.

Halo 2 modding still has plenty of life in it.
AIM wrote:Demonic5andwich (6:10:10 PM): structure of a first person weapon animation:
Demonic5andwich (6:10:43 PM): mess, mess, maybe a node?, another header?! wtf!, more mess, tacos, more shit
OwnZ joO

Articulatist 500

Re: halo 2 modding slowly dieing

Post by OwnZ joO »

theycallmechad wrote:
grimdoomer wrote:Do you think halo 2 modding is slowly dieing? i sure due what about you?
How do you spell "do" correctly one time and not the other?

Anyway, I think H2 modding will be as dead as H1 modding if H3 modding is ever possible. If not, I think it'll be around for a bit longer.

If H3 modding is ever possible, I'll be finding myself a 360, a copy of H3, and I'll be skinning worth skinning.
It might be down a lot, but I'll probably keep messing with it for my own purposes for a long time. It always gives me something to work on with a program or something like that.
bumlove

Literarian 250

Location: Islamic fundamentlist capital of europe, seriously my home town is a hole

Post by bumlove »

yeah it is for everyone who has H3 but those who don't (cheapskates like me) arn't going to let it die quietly
never underestimate the predictability of stupidity
AFuzySquirrel

Wordewatician 250

Post by AFuzySquirrel »

As far as i know.. h3 modding is a while off ne ways... cuz the maps are not only protected by encryption ne more... they are protected by an unknown system.. i would say an imaging system such as MD5
[Setting BIPD Variations][url=httphttp://forums.halomods.com/viewtopic.php?search_id=442547533&t=67770][Alumina BETA][/url]
JacksonCougAr

Recreator

Post by JacksonCougAr »

If Halo 2 modding is dieing I'm going to make it die kicking a screaming the whole way there :D
Zenon

Coagulator Enthraller Miner Wave
Firestorm Wordewatician 100

Post by Zenon »

Not even close,

and if it ever does you can be certain of one thing it'll be coughing up blood, and guts before it ever gives in!

Zenon

ps...i may have accidentally clicked yes because i didnt read the question properly... :oops:
Think its time i oiled the rusty joints and see if i still got it ;)
xptoast

Articulatist 100

Let it die?

Post by xptoast »

I wont let halo 2 die either. I am just starting. I bought a normal xbox just so I could mod the crap out of halo 2. I have halo 3 but still love modding and playing you crazy people on xbc. Its a blast seeing all the cool custom stuff this community does. I want to join in and help make it great just like all the other modders we have here. I am compiling huge libraries of weapons, vehicles, tutorials, etc. So that it can be all in one place and so we all can pick from it instead of digging around so much and getting so many wrong answers. This community rocks.

:D HALO 2 Forever!!! :D
Yamagushi

Articulatist 500

Re: Let it die?

Post by Yamagushi »

xptoast wrote:I am compiling huge libraries of weapons, vehicles, tutorials, etc. So that it can be all in one place and so we all can pick from it instead of digging around so much and getting so many wrong answers.
Id assume this means your getting permission from the creators of each and every one of these mods, as if your not ur stealing our works and this is highly frowned upon.
Don't be.
OwnZ joO

Articulatist 500

Post by OwnZ joO »

He never said he was taking other people's necessarily.
moocifer

Post by moocifer »

I don't think that H2 modding is dying at all. Slowing? Maybe. Even though many great modding ideas and concepts have already been tapped, there is definitely no limit to the amount of originality and creativity that can come out of persistent modders. I think that modding will live on, with ups and downs.
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

moocifer, i know you joined yesterday, but come on ... >_>

quit bumping old threads.