good level to show off havok?

General discussion of Halo2 including tricks, tips, and anything else related. Cheating discussion is not allowed.
turk645

Artisan Translator Pyre

good level to show off havok?

Post by turk645 »

Ok in a few months i have a project due and i decided to do it on havok and im going to use various games and 3ds max to show off havok. My question is what would be a good map in halo, SP or MP, to show off ragdoll physics.
ScottyGee wrote:Smokers suck >_< (to avoid someone saying it later, both literally and in the derogatory way)
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way after you make fun of them, you still have their shoes."-Dranciel ಠ_ಠ
WaywornMmmmm

Coroner

Post by WaywornMmmmm »

I think the arbitor sp level where you fall down those tubes.
CaptainPoopface

Artisan Advisor Literarian 250

Post by CaptainPoopface »

My favorite part of the movie Titanic was when the guy fell off the rail of the boat and hit the propeller, causing him to flip end over end several times before he fell in the water and died.

I think ragdoll looks best when there are at least two objects or surfaces interacting with the ragdoll. For example:

-An explosion initiates the ragdoll effect; the body flies through the air, then lands on a decline and tumbles or slides down

-After the ragdoll has been triggered, the ragdoll collides with an object that imparts a torque to it (makes it spin), as in the Titanic reference above. So the Master Chief gets blown up, and his body rotates slowly through space, until he bonks his head on the edge of a platform and does a series of flips.

-Similar to the above, except he then hits an object on the opposite side that makes him spin in the opposite direction. You could stack a series of machs so that he bangs his forehead, rotates backward 180 degrees, bangs the back of his head, rotates forward 180 degrees, bangs his forehead, etc., as he falls down a shaft.

-Chain spawn a grenade with a very short fuse from the Chief's impact effect, so every time he hits the ground, a grenade detonates and blows him back up into the air.

I could think of more, but I realize these are mostly hypothetical examples that require a specialized level design, or which aren't specific to any map. I'm not sure if that's consistent with your project.

I think a good rule of thumb is that the best ragdoll effects are the funniest ones. If it's a Havok demo, you'll want to remain consistent with reality, so no embedding people halfway in boulders or breakdancing under the Ascension wheel.
Retired. Thank you neodos, DemonicSandwich, DarkShallFall, Dragonfire, foxfanatic2317, GOWO and everyone in the hall of fame.
If you want to know how I did something, take apart my mods.