WTF Xbox 360...I hope not

General discussion of Halo2 including tricks, tips, and anything else related. Cheating discussion is not allowed.
TheGovenator

WTF Xbox 360...I hope not

Post by TheGovenator »

:shock: I came across some disturbing information that fortunately is still only a rumor. Here it is --> http://www.xbox-hq.com/html/article-1659--0-0.html, it's a few paragraphs long about the name for the new Xbox. I bet Xenon is sounding a lot better to those of you now hehe (those= who slammed it in other thread). New thread because I didn't want to take the 100+ thread any more off topic. Xbox 360 is the dumbest name around period(.) What happened to Xbox 2-359? Everybody knows Xbox kicked Playstation 2's 4ss, why would the next generation of these consoles be different?
I vill destroy Noobs, make arms & legs tvitch when die!
FiReToY

Literarian 100

Post by FiReToY »

didn't read the article but, as for you last comment about the PS2, the PS2 is doing better in sales then xbox is...mostly because of the games it has and larger selection. The xbox has the power, but the games usually take a longer time for them release and since im guessing ps2 is easier to develop on they work with it more. Also mostly teens and adults play games now and the top genre of games they play (which make the money) are the sports titles, true xbox has there live sports functions BUT, ps2 has more titles and there online is free (other then the one time price of the modem). So sure xbox has the power but ps2 has the fan base...but hopefully with the Xenon (depending on how they release it), will cause xbox to go over the top...i personally prefer xbox even though i have both, i was hoping xbox followed ps2 and made a smaller version ...i kinda wanted it in my car..but i will buy a 2nd ps2 for it...

"...you ask for light..so i set myself on fire..." -audioslave
jks

Orb Scorched Earth

Post by jks »

PS2 has almost always had better sales than Xbox, Xbox is one of the most poorly selling consoles to date, mostly because of production costs and the fact that MS loaded it with so much sh!t like an hdd, those cost a lot. Or people just dont like anything made by MS.
HaloMod's Scapegoat�
TheGovenator

Post by TheGovenator »

k so maybe i didn't research the sales aspect of it, I meant Xbox kicks PS2's 4ss as in game quality and gameplay. really this topic is suppose to be about the Xbox 2's name...
I vill destroy Noobs, make arms & legs tvitch when die!
jks

Orb Scorched Earth

Post by jks »

Well yes it obviously kicksass in quality and gameplay, but I think NeXbox or Xbox 2 are the only ones that I like.
HaloMod's Scapegoat�
RDST

Post by RDST »

face it with out halo, xbox would have been nothing, sony has better marketing and better variety. the xbox sure is great and powerful but MS cant get license to games that would expand its audience, and for the most part the xbox is a hard core game system unlike the PS2 or gamecube. if i didnt love halo and halo 2 so much i would buy a PS2
jks

Orb Scorched Earth

Post by jks »

But think about all the lines of games that have come out for the other consoles, GTA, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, , and some others that have hit it big on the other consoles, even Jak and Daxter and Rachet and Clank have some pretty descent sales seeing as they both just came out with the second sequels. I own a PS2 in addition to my xbox and I dare say I even got the xbox JUST for the purpose of playing halo. But I like my PS2 and still play it pretty often, I dont care if people ridicule me but I think I would rather spend my money on a PS3 then Xbox 2 mainly because I know it will have a greater variety of game types by well known companies.
HaloMod's Scapegoat�
AuTolVlaTiC

Post by AuTolVlaTiC »

xbox 360??? is this like derived from nintendo 64??? hmmmm...anyway, xbox 360 is the most homosexual potential name i have heard for the new xbox....come on, xbox 360??? sigh..... " 'hey grandma i want an xbox 360 for christmas!!' ' I'm sorry, child, but it would be rather difficult for me to make your xbox do tricks' " *coughcheesyskitdialoguecough*

^^^^ sig by Demonic Spartan!!!

Xbox Live Gamertag: footballer88
jks

Orb Scorched Earth

Post by jks »

That is the worst joke ever, but surprisingly funny, btw the name is geh I will NOT buy that thing if thats what their gonna name it.
HaloMod's Scapegoat�
AuTolVlaTiC

Post by AuTolVlaTiC »

i think i would buy it, but like make my own logo for it and name it somethin else...like the first xbox has "xbox" in the middle (i think thats what it is...idk i have a halo edition xbox)

jks

Orb Scorched Earth

Post by jks »

Yea, if I did get one I would have to get a case mod to get rid of the name gehness.
HaloMod's Scapegoat�
AuTolVlaTiC

Post by AuTolVlaTiC »

ya..actually ive seen some pretty sweet cases on the internet that some small companies make. i would get one to cover up that name

jks

Orb Scorched Earth

Post by jks »

Id have to get controller jewels to :| . I want a blue crystal see thru case, taht would be sweetness.
HaloMod's Scapegoat�
HunterXI

Post by HunterXI »

Meh, the Clear-Blue ones are ugly. Only the Clear ones are good.

And no, whomever thought of the name "Xbox 360" was bullshittin' you.
This post printed on 100% recycled electrons.
jks

Orb Scorched Earth

Post by jks »

Well I dont really care...
HaloMod's Scapegoat�
AuTolVlaTiC

Post by AuTolVlaTiC »

i think clear ones are boring. they get old lookin after a while. i would want a clear-colored one to spice up my xbox action

jks

Orb Scorched Earth

Post by jks »

Ummmm, you just said clear ones were boring.
HaloMod's Scapegoat�
AuTolVlaTiC

Post by AuTolVlaTiC »

nope, i meant clear clear ones are boring. i like the clear-colored ones

HunterXI

Post by HunterXI »

I'm telling you, the colored ones look like shayth. They don't let the LED colors through properly.
This post printed on 100% recycled electrons.
jks

Orb Scorched Earth

Post by jks »

What would be really cool, but I doubt theres enough space, Id like a clear case and a black light in the case to make it glow, or a glow in the dark case.
HaloMod's Scapegoat�