AI questions

Discuss stuff related to HaloCE (for modding, go to the HEK General forum).
jimmyg22

AI questions

Post by jimmyg22 »

well ive been messing around with AI for a while now and have made a few maps for fun, i just have a few questions about AI.

1. what are "Fake start positions"
2. what is the purpose of "platoons" and how do you use them
3. when using move positions how do you get the ai to run?
4. how do you use "firing positions"

thats all i can think of at the moment, could you point me to a tutorial that has this information or anything that could help, i have been googleing these questions for a while now and i cant seem to find anything useful.
also

Code: Select all

building intermediate geometry...                                               
building collision geometry...                                                  
reducing collision geometry...                                                  
building collision bsp...                                                       
reducing collision bsp...                                                       
verifying collision geometry...                                                 
verifying collision bsp...                                                      
building portals...                                                             
building render geometry...                                                     
building subclusters...                                                         
building pvs... building pvs... indoor maximum (from sky sky\clear afternoon\cle
ar afternoon) is 120.000000 world units                                         
building structure lens flares...done                                           

structure bsp "levels\test\tutorial7\uhhhshit"                                  
BSP has 2720 nodes, 1214 leaves                                                 
5871 surfaces and 7552 vertices in 13 material groups                           
0 portals, 1 clusters                                                           

368Kb collision data (44Kb vertices, 148Kb edges, 39Kb surfaces)         
       471Kb render data (300Kb vertices, 105Kb surfaces,                       
                          34Kb nodes/leaves, 26Kb clusters)                     
         0Kb pathfinding data                                                   
----------------------                                                          
       938Kb  (without debug information)                                       
what is the "Pathfinding data" and how can i add that to my map? (this is the tool output after compiling a bsp from 3ds max 9