Custom Machines... R they possible?

Discuss stuff related to HaloCE (for modding, go to the HEK General forum).
Twinreaper

Literarian 50

Custom Machines... R they possible?

Post by Twinreaper »

So I finally decided that I would make a map based off my crap ass apartment complex. To further complete this mod and add a little real life scenario to it, I wanted to make regular doors that open and close via pressing the "action" button. Now to start, I know that each door would have to be linked to a control, (or scripted) but is it possible, or has someone else actually created a regular door machine mod or new machine that would work in this way?
WOW! Three years here, and I still haven't released any of my mods :oops:
Covenant_Engineer

Wordewatician 50

Re: Custom Machines... R they possible?

Post by Covenant_Engineer »

This might be late but I think it be best if you stuck with the automated opening door mechanics used by all the forerunner doors when they arn't scripted only because on multilayer the doors don't sync to begin with and scripting buttons to open the doors like in campaign might actually turn out to be an epic fail if you arn't careful.

But if your still trying you can always model the entire door and make a whole for the door nob then model a door nob and place it in mid air in the door in sapien and make it a scripted button to open the door >< although i think the door nob might just float in mid air when the door opens... :oops: So maybe a doorbell >< or like a keypad might work and place it on a wall on the side of the door... well I'm out of ideas ><

hehe my bad but that all I can give for advise ><
DEEhunter

Post by DEEhunter »

You can have the melee open the door. It will sync and it requires no scripting.

Deviantart | My City | Wmclan | Gamertag | [url=irc://irc.halomods.com/melon]#melon[/url]
Covenant_Engineer

Wordewatician 50

Post by Covenant_Engineer »

Umm... just to shed some light onto that I think he wants the doors to close too??

So if you make it melee open then the door would be useless after sure it syncs but it a one time thing ><
DEEhunter

Post by DEEhunter »

You can use trigger volumes. I dont know much about machines but you can use this tutorial to get things to sync.
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=3272

Deviantart | My City | Wmclan | Gamertag | [url=irc://irc.halomods.com/melon]#melon[/url]