Just trying out CE problem

Discuss stuff related to HaloCE (for modding, go to the HEK General forum).
fronjohn

Just trying out CE problem

Post by fronjohn »

i updtated the new 1.08 pacth then i just wanted to test a server with a custom map then unable to play window how do i fix it :?: :?: :?:
Livemodding or Die by not trying 8) 8) 8)
fronjohn

Post by fronjohn »

anyone?
supersniper

Post by supersniper »

type in a space and -window at the end of the target line in the shortcut properties by right clicking on the icon.
fronjohn

Post by fronjohn »

:?: :?: :?:
xbox

Blacksmith

Re: Just trying out CE problem

Post by xbox »

fronjohn wrote:i updtated the new 1.08 pacth then i just wanted to test a server with a custom map then unable to play window how do i fix it :?: :?: :?:
Can you restate this in a way that we can understand so we know how to help you?
Right now it looks like you want to know how to play halo in a window rather than full screen.
InvaderVeex

Post by InvaderVeex »

Right-click on your Halo icon and go to properties. At the end of the target line, type in a space and -window at the end
fronjohn

Post by fronjohn »

ok xbox i meaning wen i finished installing the Halo CE and i updated the new pacth 1.8 i joined a server and it was loading the map but then it was loading a problem window came up and said"unable to play sever" how do i fix it so i can try out new custom maps :?: :?: and also the window the title says ATTENTION,thats wat i mean that window of wen you cant do something or its required.

I also extract a custom map i DL from the website and its says cant exract to maps of Halo CE any tips or help on both of my probs :?: :?

I also have vista
xbox

Blacksmith

Post by xbox »

fronjohn wrote:ok xbox i meaning wen i finished installing the Halo CE and i updated the new pacth 1.8 i joined a server and it was loading the map but then it was loading a problem window came up and said"unable to play sever" how do i fix it so i can try out new custom maps :?: :?: and also the window the title says ATTENTION,thats wat i mean that window of wen you cant do something or its required.
The other person also has to have the 1.8 patch I believe. You also have to have the map downloaded to play it with someone else.
fronjohn wrote:I also extract a custom map i DL from the website and its says cant exract to maps of Halo CE any tips or help on both of my probs :?: :?

I also have vista
I haven't encountered that problem before. Try clicking and dragging the file from the zip/rar file to your desktop. Then copy/cut the file and paste it into your maps folder. I don't know of any other way to get around this. (I don't have Vista)
fronjohn

Post by fronjohn »

k ill try it ty for help i also bein wondering is campian in the CE? cause i see campian maps in the fourum i think and in other websites :?:

Woot it worked! :)
xbox

Blacksmith

Post by xbox »

fronjohn wrote:k ill try it ty for help i also bein wondering is campian in the CE? cause i see campian maps in the fourum i think and in other websites :?:

Woot it worked! :)
People create there own campaign maps for CE or they just import them from PC, it's not included in the default halo custom edition though.
Glad I could help.