Working Cheats for CE only (so far)

Discuss stuff related to HaloCE (for modding, go to the HEK General forum).
{SEP}Daz

Post by {SEP}Daz »

When i put -devmode after -console i get exeption error i done what was said in the previous posts but it still wont work. Can anybody please help me?
Skeens

Post by Skeens »

how and where do you type the cheat when you are playing?
Pwn4g3

Wordewatician 500

Post by Pwn4g3 »

{SEP}Daz wrote:When i put -devmode after -console i get exeption error i done what was said in the previous posts but it still wont work. Can anybody please help me?
You might wanna remove the init.txt file from the CE folder, dedicated server init files cause exception when u load with -devmode enabled...
idiotskater73437

Post by idiotskater73437 »

Skeens wrote:how and where do you type the cheat when you are playing?

press the "~" key, above left tab. then type in the cheat, which will appear at the obttom of the screen, in pink.
Pheonix 2

Re: Working Cheats for CE only (so far)

Post by Pheonix 2 »

Halo Entertainer wrote:I figured out how to use the cheat that were thought useless a while ago
create a shortcut to CE and rightclick and scroll down to Properties, then in the Target thing after "...Haloce" type in -console -devmode then in game youll be able to use the codes
LIST
Command or Variable Default Value Valid Values Description
cheat_all_powerups
N/A N/A This console command will spawn all the powerups near the player.

cheat_all_vehicles
N/A N/A This console command will spawn a standard warthog near the player.

cheat_all_weapons
N/A N/A This console command will spawn all the weapons around the player.

cheat_bottomless_clip
0 0-1 Enabling this command will give the player a bottomless clip which means that the weapon will never have to be reloaded and will never experience overheating.

cheat_bump_possession
0 0-1 Enabling this command means that every time the player bumps a character they will take control of that particular character.

cheat_deathless_player
0 0-1 Enabling this command makes the player invulnerable to any damage, including the maximum falling damage height restrictions.

cheat_infinite_ammo
0 0-1 Enabling this command will give the player unlimited ammunition.

cheat_medusa
0 0-1 When this command is enabled, any enemy unit that sees the player will be instantly killed.

cheat_spawn_warthog
N/A N/A Typing this console command in will spawn a standard warthog near the player.

cheat_super_jump
0 0-1 Enabling this command allows the player to jump very high, which is useful for maneuvering around a level during its construction.

cheat_teleport_to_camera
N/A N/A This command will teleport the player to the current camera position.

cls
N/A N/A Clears the console screen.

debug_objects
0 0-1 Enabling this command will give visual representations of the game objects or models bounding radii and collision models.

debug_portals
0 0-1 Enabling this command will draw or outline the portal definitions in the game.

debug_sound
0 0-1 Enabling this command will give visual representations of the sounds being played and their audible radii along with labels indicating the specific sound being played to the player.

error_suppress_all
0 0-1 The suppression of error messages is by default on, disabling the error suppression (setting the value to 0) will show errors being encountered by the game and is useful in debugging content and game problems.

game_speed <#>
1 0-20 This command changes the entire speed of the game. Its very useful for pausing the game or travelling around a environment quickly during level creation or debugging.

NOTE: The value entered can go higher than 20 but higher values tend to be uncontrollable or problematic

map_name <map name>
N/A N/A Use this command to manually load a specific level.

radiosity_quality
0 0-1 Sets the quality of the radiosity to be performed. See the section Radiosity (Lighting) for more details and information.

radiosity_start
N\A N\A Starts radiosity lighting on the level using the current radiosity settings. See the section Radiosity (Lighting) for more details and information.

radiosity_save
N\A N\A Saves the current radiosity lighting to a .bitmap lightmap file for the selected level (.scenario_structure_bsp). See the section Radiosity (Lighting) for more details and information.

rasterizer_environment_diffuse_textures
1 0-1 This toggles the drawing of the diffuse textures for the world on or off, effectively displaying only the lightmap data for the level geometry.

rasterizer_fog_atmosphere
1 0-1 This command toggles atmospheric fog in the level on or off if the level has atmospheric fog set for the level in the tags.

rasterizer_fog_plane
1 0-1 This command toggles the fog plane in the level on or off if the level has a fog plane set for the level in the tags.

rasterizer_wireframe
0 0-1 This draws the current world scene including the world model (bsp) and all models such weapons, vehicles, characters and effects in wireframe mode, including non-visible geometry that has collision. This command is extremely useful in determining the placement of visiblity portals, please see the section Level Creation for more details and information.

rasterizer_fps
0 0-1 This is the equivalent to rasterizer_stats 5.

rasterizer_stats
0 0-5

Each setting for rasterizer_stats displays the following:

0 - This disables the display of the rasterizer stats.

1 - Unsupported

2- This is the most useful output option for rasterizer_stats. This setting displays a frame rate counter as well as categorized vertice and triangle counts for the scene being rendered. Additional information such as the number of dynamic lights, lens flares, decals and shadows are also displayed.

3- Unsupported, used for Xbox version of Halo.

4- Displays information on memory usage for the game.

5 - Simple frame rate counter and information such as maximum, minimum and average frame rates for the scene.

NOTE: Hitting the CTRL-F12 key combination will bring up a frame rate counter and graph.

quit
N\A N\A Quits the game

there, some codes maye need you to type in True or False after it in example "cheat_deathless_player true"
any vehicles spawned within a map will respawn if the command is enabled, beware you may create an assload of lag
SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pheonix 2

Post by Pheonix 2 »

what list???
Pheonix 2

Post by Pheonix 2 »

where do you type in
frozenflames

Post by frozenflames »

omg pheonix

to type....LOOK UP!!!! hit the tilde key.
Well mother, life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get. Your life on the other hand is like a box of active grenades!
BEEF!!!

Pyre

Post by BEEF!!! »

I have a question. When i'm in the Camera_control mode how do i change the view?
BlacGrunt55

Wordewatician 250

Post by BlacGrunt55 »

to use camera control correctly what you need to do is

1)type in debug_camera_save

2)type in camera_control 1

3)type in debug_camera_load

4)the camera will teleport to where you typed in the save, and you can control the MC from here. if you wish to move the camera, hold down the middle mouse button (scrolling backwards to speed up the camera and vice versa) and use wsad keys and then r to go up and f to go down

hope that helped,
BGrunt55
O.o
o.O
O.O
o.o
:D
HMC Helljumper

Post by HMC Helljumper »

cant u just open up halo CE delvelopment mode?
BlacGrunt55

Wordewatician 250

Post by BlacGrunt55 »

ummmmm....thats what this entire thread is about, different commands for development mode...i thought that was obvious, but i guess not :roll:
O.o
o.O
O.O
o.o
:D
aka Monazite

Post by aka Monazite »

what do the numbers mean? I noticed that some of the cheats with numbers dont work...

0 0-1
Zuka

Location: A light blue void..No wait, I fell through the map again. :P

Post by Zuka »

1 and 0 stand for true and false.

I found some more neat codes:
cheat_active_camouflage=Infinite active camo
cheat_jetpack 1=no fall damage
cheat_omnipotent 1=1 hit kills
show_hud 0=turns off hud and all messages
end_game=restarts the game. You will end up as a white MC with no name

Not really a code but pretty funny:
Type f and press tab. Do not press enter at all. look down the list. You should find a command called "find_all_fucked_up_shit". Sadly, it does nothing.
Fear me, for I am Zuka, the slightly insane Warthog driver!
dandin1

Post by dandin1 »

Note: In case you don't know, pressing tab shows a list of commands, or command starting with what you just typed in the console. So if you type cheat_ and press tab, you will see all cheat_* commands. You can do help <command> to get a description and the syntax usage of that command.

A command I found very interesting was cinematic_start/stop, which sends you in cinematic mode. There is a command to set the title, but it doesn't seem to be working.
Phopojijo

Post by Phopojijo »

Using this to cheat online is pointless -- the server would reject it -- but it does have an online purpose... well -- if you're making map-trailers and are scattered across north america.
DoMiNaTiOn

Post by DoMiNaTiOn »

everytime i type in one of those codes i get this

requested function "???" cannot be executed now

how do u make it work am i not typing it in right or something :x
modemman11

Post by modemman11 »

Is this the same moron that posted this on GameFAQs?
modemman11

Post by modemman11 »

DoMiNaTiOn wrote:everytime i type in one of those codes i get this

requested function "???" cannot be executed now

how do u make it work am i not typing it in right or something :x
YOU NEED CUSTOM EDITION.
DoMiNaTiOn

Post by DoMiNaTiOn »

FYI i have ce... but how can u use cheats with ce u cant play online cause of devmode and theres no campaign