Halo CE - What is it?

Discuss stuff related to HaloCE (for modding, go to the HEK General forum).
bobm

Halo CE - What is it?

Post by bobm »

What is Halo CE?

This question has been anwsered by saillax0609.

[quote="saillax0609"]
HaloCE Features and changes from HaloPC

Halo Custom Edition 1.0 (Halo CE)
Halo CE 1.0 contains all features and fixes through the 1.04 release of the retail version of Halo PC. In addition to these, Gearbox has worked to add a collection of additional features which are offered in this special, optional, and unsupported "Halo CE" release. Halo CE installs in parallel with the Retail edition of Halo PC so that they can be updated independently of each other. You may have both versions installed on your computer at one time. Per the license agreement, you may not have them installed on two separate computers at the same time.

Differences between Halo PC (retail) and Halo PC CE Edition
The primary feature addition of Halo CE is the ability to play user-created multiplayer maps, which will be created by the Halo Editing Kit, available for download separately. Due to the necessary changes in map-file format to support this feature, this update is too large to be a "required" download for users of the retail game, and so Halo CE is offered as a separate, optional edition. For the same reason, the single-player content (and thus Campaign mode) is not available for download as part of Halo CE. Please continue to play the retail version of the game for access to Campaign mode.

Also due to these changes in map file formats, all players in a game must be using the same version (retail or CE) - users in one version of the game will not be able to see or join games hosted by users of the other.

Additional Features & Fixes in Halo CE 1.0

Spartan Foods

Pyre

Post by Spartan Foods »

This is not good. Watch the flames come towards ya dude...

Halo CE is Halo Custom Edition.
It supports custom maps.

Next time use the Search and/or Google.
bobm

Post by bobm »

lol well i did and didnt really get an explanation and thats why i asked...Maybe they should shut this board down if that is so bad..... I thought that is what a forum is for...oh well let them come i could care less and thxs
smellylobster

Post by smellylobster »

Halo CE can also stand for Halo Combat Evolved. But mainly Custom Edition.

CE isn't that great because not many people use it. The maps are incredible, but people only play zanzibar and the default maps.

CE is poorly advertised, which is why nobody knows about it. When I say nobody, I mean the non-nerds who don't go around the halo forums. If you're not a nerd, you'll never know about CE.
DoobieChi

Post by DoobieChi »

I totally agree with everything you said.
Tack122

Post by Tack122 »

someone write a good description i will put it in the first post here with the name of the writer and i will then sticky this topic
And remember people!
this place should have no affect on the other forum!
bobm

Post by bobm »

thaxs guys for your support. But the main reason I asked here is because i have a halo server with zeroservers.net and it rocks but I didnt know where to turn too other than here. I want to make my server rock better and god knows the server I have is cheaper and better than what I had before. i want to upgrade but wanted to chech here first. Anyway thxs for the advise an I think I will upgrade now to ce ....Dont get me wrong, zeroservers.net for the money is the best but just wanted to make sure....
Grunts r Crunk

Post by Grunts r Crunk »

smellylobster wrote:Halo CE can also stand for Halo Combat Evolved. But mainly Custom Edition.

CE isn't that great because not many people use it. The maps are incredible, but people only play zanzibar and the default maps.

CE is poorly advertised, which is why nobody knows about it. When I say nobody, I mean the non-nerds who don't go around the halo forums. If you're not a nerd, you'll never know about CE.
although 99% that play halo are.lol

i just got to this forum when i was looking for halo cheat codes a time ago.:P
Grunts in the Hood!!!
saillax0609

Post by saillax0609 »

For additional information on Halo CE I decided to surf around until i found this page that i thought to be very informative. Enjoy....

Halo CE 1.0 contains all features and fixes through the 1.04 release of the retail version of Halo PC. In addition to these, Gearbox has worked to add a collection of additional features which are offered in this special, optional, and unsupported "Halo CE" release. Halo CE installs in parallel with the Retail edition of Halo PC so that they can be updated independently of each other. You may have both versions installed on your computer at one time. Per the license agreement, you may not have them installed on two separate computers at the same time.

The primary feature addition of Halo CE is the ability to play user-created multiplayer maps, which will be created by the Halo Editing Kit, available for download separately. Due to the necessary changes in map-file format to support this feature, this update is too large to be a "required" download for users of the retail game, and so Halo CE is offered as a separate, optional edition. For the same reason, the single-player content (and thus Campaign mode) is not available for download as part of Halo CE. Please continue to play the retail version of the game for access to Campaign mode.

Also due to these changes in map file formats, all players in a game must be using the same version (retail or CE) - users in one version of the game will not be able to see or join games hosted by users of the other.

[wtf]aero

Post by [wtf]aero »

smellylobster wrote:Halo CE can also stand for Halo Combat Evolved. But mainly Custom Edition.

so your a nerd?
XDeathX

Post by XDeathX »

So you don't need PC installed to play CE?
{ST} 117

Post by {ST} 117 »

no u dont but u will need ur cd key
saillax0609

Post by saillax0609 »

Well basically Halo CE is a cooler version of Halo PC that is defintiely worth downloading. Some coll things you can do with it are play sick custom maps, play some Halo 2 modded maps, different skins, and if your creative even make your own map. I dont know really how to explain it otherwise, hope this helps.

Good Luck!!!

What is Halo CE?

this question has been anwsered by saillax0609

saillax0609 wrote:

jsrfmaster

Post by jsrfmaster »

HA, Iam the exact opposite of a nerd.
Signature exceeded 3 lines of text.
bobm

Post by bobm »

yea well i thought that was it ...im so busy ..well http://zeroservers.net is now offering the CE at the reg prices which for them is cheap. So it must be worth the switch if they are offering the CE...
thanks
chaos23x

Post by chaos23x »

hey gys can some1 post a link to a working download of halo ce all the 1s i keep dling say sumpin bout not being a win32 application :)
Jeffster

Post by Jeffster »

...Example:

Bob would not say, "Hey Geoge let's go play Halo CE!" and mean Combat Evolved. That would be dumb.

Bob should say, "Hey George let's go play Halo!" and mean Halo Combat Evolved. If someone told me that we should go play Halo CE, I would think they meant custom edition.
Image size too large, 50kb limit
Unseen

Post by Unseen »

bobm wrote:yea well i thought that was it ...im so busy ..well http://zeroservers.net is now offering the CE at the reg prices which for them is cheap. So it must be worth the switch if they are offering the CE...
thanks
Theyre offering it for a price? yea... just to let you know, its free
When you fall in a bottomless pit you die of starvation.
I'm sure you think you understand what you thought I said...
Damnit im tired of losing my passwords, this has got to be the 6th time!
MasterSpartan117

Post by MasterSpartan117 »

chaos23x wrote:hey gys can some1 post a link to a working download of halo ce all the 1s i keep dling say sumpin bout not being a win32 application :)
Umm, that wouldn't be a download problem. Thats a problem within Windows itself. Try rebooting and then redownloading the file. Make sure that you download the file all at one time because I spent 14 hours over 3 nights trying to download it with a download program (pausing the download and disconnecting the dialup connection) only to end up with a corrupted CAB file within the installer because of my partial downloading.
Unseen

Post by Unseen »

Just go to downloads.com and search for it... this isnt the hardest thing in the world.
When you fall in a bottomless pit you die of starvation.
I'm sure you think you understand what you thought I said...
Damnit im tired of losing my passwords, this has got to be the 6th time!