HEK help.

Discuss HaloCE modding with the HEK tools here. For help, go to the Help Desk forum above.
Gallopokoi

HEK help.

Post by Gallopokoi »

Mmk I'm new to everything, and i have Halo CE, HEK and HEK +. I dont have Gmax or whatever but do i really need it just to change projectiles and things? and when i change a file using guerrilla, how to i put it into another file and compile it, or how do i put it into a already made map ( say bloodgulch ) and recompile? cus i only have my edited version in my tags\weapons\ file. and one last thing. when i open sapien, it opens for a bit and closes. i have changed the affinity or whatever as i have a dual core. it only has two other windows open.. one called tool something and one called something pallet. or maybe its tool pallet and a totally different one :P any help is good. and i need probably the simplest of simple tutorials. thanks

Gallopokoi
nintendo9713

Wordewatician 250

Re: HEK help.

Post by nintendo9713 »

If you're just starting out, you might just want to mod Halo PC. You should have PC if you have CE, so using tools such as Sparkedit, HMT, and HHT, you can accomplish all basic modding. If you have any questions about those, just post back in this thread and I'll respond as often as I can, or someone else who knows the answer might. But just start by downloading Sparkedit and HMT which can be found in the utilities forum under Halo PC if I'm not mistaken. Open up your pc map in C:\Program Files\Microsoft games\halo\maps\ and use the tutorials in the halo pc section also. Good luck, reply back if you need any help.
Gallopokoi

Post by Gallopokoi »

alright, thanks
Gallopokoi

Post by Gallopokoi »

[I know Double posting is against the rules, But I wanted to bump the topic. And yes, I can do that, its been 5 days.]

Ok im bored with Halo PC modding. I want to chain spawn and play CE. All I need to know is how to open sapien properly ( Under it, it says "Sapien for HaloPC" for some reason. but i downloaded HEK which is for CE (?) ) and When I change something in Guerrilla, in Bloodgulch, How to use tool so make it appear In-game ( weapons/vehicles mainly and probably only). Like what to type in tool? And like I said above, Simplest of Simple Tutorials. :P

-Gallo :wink: