Is anybody kind enough?

Discuss HaloCE modding with the HEK tools here. For help, go to the Help Desk forum above.
flamez3

Is anybody kind enough?

Post by flamez3 »

Now before saying ZOMG a wall of text. Either read this "wall of text" or go straight down to the "Bottom Line" section.

Hello. My name is Shaun (Im 14) I have recently found out about making maps, vehicles etc.... I found out i could either download a trial of 3DS max and get a 30 day trial for 1GB or download GMax for 50MB (or something like that) I am on 20GB plan and me and my family have burnt up 10GB in just over 10 Days. So i obviously downloaded GMax. I recently found out i need to export the file that i create as a.jms file. which is hard because every time i do on GMax i come up with errors i didn't even know exisited.

Bottom Line: Is anybody who has 3ds Max kind enough as to export my file as a .jms file and send it back. If you wish to use any of my models (which aint that great) you can ask me and i will say YES unless otherwise.

Email me out [email protected] or MSN : [email protected] or just make a reply here

Thanks for your time:D

Cya

EDIT: Lol, im a douche:D ive got chimp up and running and now it says "--Runtime error: Feature not available: "createFile""

Any ideas?
InvaderVeex

Post by InvaderVeex »

flamez3

Yeh

Post by flamez3 »

Yeh i have done that before. and it doesnt work for me. It comes up with all these differnt errors. When i fix one, another one comes up
Smapla

Post by Smapla »

are you making sure you have "export vertex weights" off when using bluestreak?
flamez3

No

Post by flamez3 »

No i haventt actually. ut now it says "too many actors in the scene" i know what that meanns. not all boxes are linked to a sngle parent.
but it still wont let me:(
Smapla

Post by Smapla »

wait are you making a map or something else?
flamez3

No

Post by flamez3 »

I making a vehicle
bobbysoon

Post by bobbysoon »

gmax users export to gMax's listener window, the console built into it. Then run GrabListener.exe. It will copy the export from gmax's listener window and ask you where to save it. GrabListener works with chimp and bluestreak. Bluestreak is better, although chimp can import debug geometry. You can see this listener window I'm talking about by opening it from the maxscript menu.