Making maps brighter

Discuss HaloCE modding with the HEK tools here. For help, go to the Help Desk forum above.
genwhite

Making maps brighter

Post by genwhite »

Every time I make a map, whether it's an indoor or outside map, it is always very dark. Not to the point where you can't see at all, but to the point where you have to squint at times to see. When I type in Radiosity in Tool, I type

tool lightmaps levels/mapname/mapname mapname 0 0.99

I don't know if I should change the bitmap tags or the shaders in Guerilla, or if I should type something different into tool for the radiosity. Anything I could do to just increase the brightness of the level overall is what I'm really looking for. If you need any more info or pics to help, please let me know.
kirby_422

Articulatist 100

Location: In front of my computer.. how do you think im talking to you?

Post by kirby_422 »

Does it matter weather its all lighted evenly? just use paint, pure blue background, and make white boxes the size of the bitmaps tool blabed about (so stuff like 64x128, 512x32, ect) and then use tool bitmap <location>/<bitmap> to over wright your old lightmap.

If you just want to lighten your lightmap, use print screen while in guerilla displaying the bitmap to copy it onto a blue sheet in photoshop and then in the top menu, I beleive its the edit buttons menu that has it.. Atributes> Bright contrast. raise the briteness, and you can move the contrast around if you want the differances between the light and dark to raise or deminish. then do the bitmap over wright like I said before.
Wow.. I havnt updated any of my stuff here since like 2 years ago.. lol
Stinger77s

Wordewatician 100

Post by Stinger77s »

The sky tag affects how dark or bright the map is. You either need to use a different sky or change the radiosity levels in the sky tag you are using.

Or you could copy the sky tag you are using rename it and mess around with radiosity settings until you find the level of light you prefer. Also everytime you make changes to the sky tag you must run radiosity on it to see how it affects the map (I realize you probably know this but others who read might not get it right away).