Normals

Discuss HaloCE modding with the HEK tools here. For help, go to the Help Desk forum above.
Patrickh

Wordewatician 500

Normals

Post by Patrickh »

I've made maps before successfully, but this one's giving me sass...
I made the indoor map in max, normals are correct. I export the map, complie it, etc. and open it in sapien, and the normals are all flipped.... so i go into max and flip the normals to be incorrect, then compile. The normals are correct now... so I try it in game placing my spawns in the bsp, but it just gives me the waiting for space to clear message and I don't spawn... :?

Any ideas on what's happening?
conure says: or i could jsut incase my shoes in papar mache, followed by my dog
|||Lethargy||| Mr. Mohawk|||
|||feel free to contact me via PMs, AIM, MSNM, or Xfire if you have any questions|||
Cryticfarm

Post by Cryticfarm »

You shouldn't get that from the screwed up normals. Infact, I got that error before and I sent it to a friend and it actually worked XD.
Stinger77s

Wordewatician 100

Post by Stinger77s »

Set the spawns to all game types and see if that helps, unless you already have them set on that. Also you could just delete the spawns and try new ones.

Other than that I have no idea.
Patrickh

Wordewatician 500

Post by Patrickh »

it's not a spawn point issue, basically, the map turns out flipped from what the max file was, at least it's rendered flipped, no idea about collision, etc. So any ideas on how to fix it?
conure says: or i could jsut incase my shoes in papar mache, followed by my dog
|||Lethargy||| Mr. Mohawk|||
|||feel free to contact me via PMs, AIM, MSNM, or Xfire if you have any questions|||