elite can't pick up weapons or go in vehicles?

Discuss HaloCE modding with the HEK tools here. For help, go to the Help Desk forum above.
rmb7

elite can't pick up weapons or go in vehicles?

Post by rmb7 »

Hi I opened the tag globals.globals and changed the biped to the elite, I went to play the game in my map and it couldn't get in vehicles and couldn't pick up any weapons. I know how to change the driver seat in the vehicle but not the passengers or gunners. I couldn't figure out the weapons ether. So can some one give me a link to a tutorial on how to do or just tell me.

Thanks
BrainEater

Wordewatician 100

Post by BrainEater »

Technically you could do it the old fashioned way (by switching the types of weapons around (example: switch the pistol type to the plasma rifle type)

Its easier to do it that way, but someone else might have a better solution.
rmb7

Post by rmb7 »

yea but then there wont be any human weapons in the map
BrainEater

Wordewatician 100

Post by BrainEater »

In guerilla theres a option to switch a type of weapon to another. This means other bipeds (such as a elite) can pick up those weapons, and those weapons would be a original.

That means if you changed the pistol type to the plasma rifle type, that means that the elite can pick it up, and it looks and acts like a pistol.

Hope I cleared my sentence up a bit.
rmb7

Post by rmb7 »

ah ok can you tell me how to do that
Stinger77s

Wordewatician 100

Post by Stinger77s »

Put a copy of the mp_cyborg.biped in the elite character folder and change the biped model, collision to the elite and use it.
BrainEater

Wordewatician 100

Post by BrainEater »

the animations would fuck up the biped, (master cheifs animations arent the same as the elites) and that would make your theory inconclusive.