How do i import the maps from halo PC .map files and........

Discuss HaloCE modding with the HEK tools here. For help, go to the Help Desk forum above.
[users]Aken

Post by [users]Aken »

MonoxideC wrote:No one seems to understand this basic fact about the editing kit:

It is for MAKING NEW CONTENT not EDITING EXISTING CONTENT.

There isn't a way to decompile, open, or anything else existing maps. Yes youcan export models from haloPC/Xbox maps using HMT (or SE for the BSP meshes) but:

(a) If it's the BSP, it will have to be retextured.
(b) If it's a model, remember that it is JUST the model - no metadata, animation, collision, etc.. and it also has to be retextured.

If you're hoping to get stuff from other maps (like the pelican for example) I'm sorry to disappoint you but it's not possible.

Gearbox included the standard set of multiplayer vehicles, weapons, and scenery, but all of the Single Player assets are NOT INCLUDED. If you want anything besides MP content, you'll have to re-create it yourself. There is no way to extract anything from existing maps in a format that will be usable by the HEK.

Hope this clears up some confusion.
you can take the .objs from SE, convert them to .3ds use that plugin thingy to change them to .bsj (or whatever sapien uses)
Mastermind

Post by Mastermind »

MasterNeoChief wrote:
MonoxideC wrote:No one seems to understand this basic fact about the editing kit:

There isn't a way to decompile, open, or anything else existing maps. Yes youcan export models from haloPC/Xbox maps using HMT (or SE for the BSP meshes) but:

(b) If it's a model, remember that it is JUST the model - no metadata, animation, collision, etc.. and it also has to be retextured.

If you're hoping to get stuff from other maps (like the pelican for example) I'm sorry to disappoint you but it's not possible.

Gearbox included the standard set of multiplayer vehicles, weapons, and scenery, but all of the Single Player assets are NOT INCLUDED. If you want anything besides MP content, you'll have to re-create it yourself. There is no way to extract anything from existing maps in a format that will be usable by the HEK.

Then how did Sieg put the C_Dropship and the Fighterbomber in the tutorial map?
That was only a scenery. Just look in HCE/tags/vehicles :roll:
MonoxideC

Golden Age Magic Era Recreator Eureka
Tsunami Firestorm Articulatist 100

Post by MonoxideC »

Aken wrote:

you can take the .objs from SE, convert them to .3ds use that plugin thingy to change them to .bsj (or whatever sapien uses)
Yeah.. exactly what I said.