HEK: How To Make Custom Vehicles

Discuss HaloCE modding with the HEK tools here. For help, go to the Help Desk forum above.
poiuy297

Location: open your eyes than shut them then pull that string attached to the shotguns trigger *gasp* you mess

Post by poiuy297 »

were can i get halo ce
TheNox

Post by TheNox »

This guide is of no use for a begginer,

i mean what the hells a gfxwhatever tag?

has anyone got a better guide?
maca_§

Grunge

Post by maca_§ »

poiuy297 wrote:were can i get halo ce
Linky.
TheNox

Post by TheNox »

also it says "add the markers to the model" how do i do that? this is surpose to be a guide isnt it?
fdude

Location: im everywhere and no where sometimes at the same time

Post by fdude »

WOW!!!!!!!!! Thank you!
i'm everywhere and no where sometimes at the same time.
Patrickssj6

Pi Collaborator

Post by Patrickssj6 »

Just a side note:
  • This tutorial is so old.There are new and easier and better ways to do it
...left for good
poiuy297

Location: open your eyes than shut them then pull that string attached to the shotguns trigger *gasp* you mess

Post by poiuy297 »

how do u make bitmaps
poiuy297

Post by poiuy297 »

you dont have to flame just because i didnt start too long ago and im a kid doesnt mean you have to go on and say it geez you were a noob once so dont say anything
Patrickssj6

Pi Collaborator

Post by Patrickssj6 »

This tutorial should be dleted or edited cause it doesn't work.
Trust me I know what I'm saying.There are newer,easier and better ways to make vehicles. :D
...left for good
Camtheman

Post by Camtheman »

and what might those be because i really want to make my turret.
Wow... Hogdriver Just found his oldest halo related account...
dawv

Post by dawv »

dude... i cant even get past the VERY first step casue there is no Data folder in the halo custom edition directory. Whats the dealio????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
DarkAnimator

Post by DarkAnimator »

What bitmaps???
DarkAnimator

Post by DarkAnimator »

dawv wrote:dude... i cant even get past the VERY first step casue there is no Data folder in the halo custom edition directory. Whats the dealio????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
GET HEK!!! CANT YOU SEE YOU NEED HEK???
Mike--X

Post by Mike--X »

i followed all the steps for the collision geometry and i export and everything is good until i put it in sapien. it says that my model and collision geometry node counts dont match and it will not be collidiable or whatever. i can spawn it in devmode and drive it and stuff but when i hit something it has an exception.
Xenophane

wont work!

Post by Xenophane »

ok wth, ive made two vehicles and they both have the same problem, they are completely non-interactive except that from certain angles you can see glimpses of them, anyone got ideas? i must be misunderstanding something the TUT said cuz my bro and his friend's vehicles work, but they cant figure out why mine doesnt. and when i say non-interactive i mean, no collision, wont respond to explosive, and cant get in, all i CAN do is see at from certain angles any help would be GREATLY appreciated
matthewcampion

Post by matthewcampion »

i am completely new to halo modding i want 2 make a custom hog but i don't know how 2 do anything @ all.

i only have Gmax not 3ds max.

u could help me with msn messenger.

plz help Matty!
gilped1

Re: HEK: How To Make Custom Vehicles

Post by gilped1 »

axeman wrote:STEP 4 : Creating and exporting the collision geometry

For the collision geometry we will need to find out what markers you will need (the collision geometry needs different markers to do with physics) first goto guerilla and open the Banshee's Physics and follow step 2 (but for the collision geometry use the names in the mass point rolldown).go back to 3dmax and re-name all the markers you had for the gbx model in the names of the markers from the banshee physics (you may have to add/delete some markers), again place these where you think they will go. Link these to your model and open the materials menu (M is the shortcut) and change the name of your material group to collision geometry. Dont forget to Save your 3dmax CG model (collision geometry).

Next you must export the model into the Physics folder within your ufo folder as a JMS file.
im confused with the collision geometry bit, im making a custom pelican, im using the ghosts GBX importer to import the model, and the model exports with out errors, but the collision geometry dosent work. Can anyone help me?
halfcharged

Post by halfcharged »

can somebody plz send me a link to a video tutorial on how to make vehicles.
Last edited by halfcharged on Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cryticfarm

Post by Cryticfarm »

The ghosts tutorial resource :)