Demonic Spartan's Fraps/Windows Movie Maker Tutorial

To upload Halo Movies, either Halo PC or Halo Xbox. Movies must be compressed with winrar or zip. Maximum 5MB/minute of video.
YO MOMMA

Post by YO MOMMA »

where do u get the full version of fraps 2 cuz i don't understand anything with fraps 1.9
Demonic Spartan

Post by Demonic Spartan »

you get it from www.fraps.com

and to the april 26 post, no...I'm not sure of the problem.
YO MOMMA

Post by YO MOMMA »

but you have to pay and i dont want the demo version unless thats the only fraps 2.0 i can get for free ???
Demonic Spartan

Ya have to pay...I'm sure there is another that is free, but this is the Some App/Windows Movie Maker tut. Sorry man. :(
hambone

Post by hambone »

yea o got the same prob as the other guys... whenever i try to put credits and effects etc. movie maker closes. Any help would be appriciated
Demonic Spartan

Get the full version, that is probably the issue. If it isn't...well, you know that Windows sucks. :)

www.windowsupdate.com
hambone

Post by hambone »

srry about bein noobish... but i cant find... do u think you could plz post an exact link... would be greatly appriciated
Demonic Spartan

cant, sorry...windowsupdate.com always redirects to the same URL...I suggest you just get the full Update Package anyways, it'll do your computer some good.
hambone

Post by hambone »

hey um could my problem just be lack of memory?
Demonic Spartan

Depends...I doubt it, but how much memory you have left?
New Age

Post by New Age »

NO WAREZ.

Please fix the pics. I need to know how to make transitions in WMM 1 and i need the pics as a reference. (I cant dowload WMM 2 for separate reasons)

I dont know how to set transitions.. I want to make the clip that has the MC take damage go through a red transition to the first clip, looping over and over.
Yippy-kye-yay Mother Fucker
Demonic Spartan

I can't fix the pics, KptKommie (for whatever reason) deleted my topic and he posted it on his own.

ya know, if it weren't for the beggining of the tut saying that I made it, it'd be plagerism.

I could try to re-upload...

EDIT .: Doesn't work. Sorry.
Le_Loup

Articulatist 100

Location: AHHH YOUR LOOKING AT ME AGAIN!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Post by Le_Loup »

Hey I am recently having fraps problems, but it's not cause of lack of res being to big or to small, etc, i've done it on 800x600 with full graphics, SMOOTHLY (well....15fps...but smmoooth overall). But I usually frap at 640x480, with lowest sets, WHILE keeping decals on (it's fun to have bullet holes, kinda makes the place look high graphics without being high graphics).

Plus i'd like to mention that, IF U START TO LAG in fraps, it's due to the "encoding process". It's like when your recording a cd to a new cd, say 100mb's worth. It doesn't take to long, but picture fraps, taking "much more processing power" to do it....

I recomend, nothing LOWER then a RADEON 9600 or... GeForce FX 5200 or better.

Nothing lower then those, AND also, have VERY FEW PROGRAMS RUNNING IN BACKGROUND, because the more of your computer's memory that's free, THE BETTER, the more processing power that's free, THE BETTER, otherwise ur f*d, (aka, don't run kazaa, get bearshare, it actually does come with a single spyware, kazaa is loaded with 100+....ALWAYS, and bearshare gets u what u want, when u want it, and faster to.......strangely does..BUT you only are reading this because hey, you gotta turn em all off, and clean your system of spyware, which lags u alot to......)

-=RM=-Le_Loup

For More info on "what can I do to make my frapping better....", pm me, or write here, cause I'll help out to.
chihiro

Post by chihiro »

maybe try Fraps 2.5. or maybe that doesn't work for you or me.
da girl wit da energy sword!!!!!!!!!!!!
NinjaMasterChief

Post by NinjaMasterChief »

How do I make it slow motion like i see in some movies?
Spartan666

Post by Spartan666 »

Well I'm running fraps with the lowest resolution, no decals, speculars, or shadows, low particles, and medium textures, and VSYNC. For some reason, when I look at my clips, there are annoying pauses and skips....Can someone please help me out here? BTW, I have an nvidia g force 6800 gt....

Oh, also, I'm using vehicle skins.
what
The seizureboi

Post by The seizureboi »

i got the fraps 2.52 or wutever and i wanted to kno is it supposed to be only 30 secs. long? cus it really pisses me off wen i think its on and i stop it but im actually starting it so wen i do a stunt its not recording
The seizureboi

Post by The seizureboi »

yup i fixed the other problem, now i got the full version but wen i open old files its like get new version of fraps, and wen i open files made w/full fraps it sats unknown error. wen i try to import file to movie maker it says

"The file C:\halo movies+screen shots\haloce 2005-04-15 19-39-06-71.avi cannot be imported because the codec required to play the file is not installed on your computer. If you have already tried to download and install the codec, close and restart Windows Movie Maker, and then try to import the file again."

can someone help?
blade4545

Post by blade4545 »

problem, whenevr i try to record with fraps(it wasnt doing this before)i preess f9 tp record but when i start to record it stops, could it be lack of memory or wat?
BLARGADE BLARG YA HONK BAG
lewismoloney10

RE:TUTORIAL

Post by lewismoloney10 »

Thanx man tht owned :P