-Tutorial- How to make your movies look wide screen/ no hud

To upload Halo Movies, either Halo PC or Halo Xbox. Movies must be compressed with winrar or zip. Maximum 5MB/minute of video.
Mr.Azn

-Tutorial- How to make your movies look wide screen/ no hud

Post by Mr.Azn »

Well i didnt see a topic based on this so, i decide to post a tutorial on how to make it kind of widescreen
----------------------------------------------------------
Items needed:
Adobe Premiere 6.5 or higher (i have pro 7)
A recording program (fraps, game cam recommended)(camtasia- not recommended)
Areas/sites to get programs: Adobe Premiere 6.5, Fraps, Game Cam, Camtasia
----------------------------------------------------------
1.Open up the program you are going to use to record and open up halo and play halo

2.Record what you want to do(stunts, movie, the grass)

2-3a(fraps).If you used fraps the default record button is f9, it should have put the clips into the default directory, which is located in C:\Fraps, if I were you i would make a folder named clips/footage

2-4a(fraps).If you want to move the clips into a new folder, right click on the fraps icon in the toolbar(lower right hand corner of your screen) and go to the "Movies" tab and where the "Folder to save movies in" is click the button to the right that says change

2-5a(fraps). Change the directory(i.e.: C:\Fraps) to C:\Fraps\Footage by navigating to the folder

2-3b(game cam). In order to record with game cam you have to open up game cam, click on profile manager, click new profile, navigate to you halo root directory (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo) and click on halo.exe and press ok, it should have added halo to the list click on halo and click on the hot keys button, ihighly recomend that you change the "Record" and "Toggle Hotkey list" to something different, record will get in the way of reloading your weapon, and toggle hotkey list will get in the way of checking your score, change record to f9 like in fraps, and change the tggle hotkey list to something like f7, then close the profile manager, right click on game cam's icon in the toolbar, click launch, and click halo

2-4b(gamecam). when halo starts up you should have a remote on the left side of your screen and a miniature screen view of what you are playing, if you dont want the miniature screen press f4, and if you want the remote to be transparent hold numpad key 9 and it should make the remote seem transparent, when you begin to play halo press your record key(which in my case is f9) and being playing. Once your done recording your scene go to your game cam root directory (C:\Program Files\Gam Cam\) then go to Media, then videos, then halo your clip should be there in avi format

3. Finally step 3! :D after recording and setting the preferences of fraps/game cam, open up adobe premiere and click new project, and name it what ever you want, and pick DV - PAL Widescreen 48 kHz, then press ok

4.Go to file then click import, import the clips from the folders of game cam/fraps, the clip should b e in the project tab drg it into the timeline in video 1 or 2 or 3

5. Click Window on the top toolbar and click effects, drop down the video effects folder, then click transform, and click clip(Video Effects>Transform>clip) then drg clip onto the clip which is located on the timeline

6.click Window again and click effect controls, under the "Video Effects" should be the Clip, drop it down and click on clip top, change it to 10 and click on clip bottom and change it to 36

7.After play the clip to see if it looks good, when ur satisfied, click file, then export, and movie(file>export>movie...) and save it anywhere you like, if it asked for what type of compression put none

8.Put it into your movie making utilitie and enjoy :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this tutorial helps everyone, if you have any questions or comments please post them here

NOTE:Game Cam can not record sound if it is not registered, Fraps is limited to size and fps if not registered
RaVNzCRoFT

Grunge Pyre

Post by RaVNzCRoFT »

Yes I know this is a huge bump, but this topic is open for discussion, and I have a question. I can't get a copy of Adobe Premiere. I tried to download the trial version off of adobe.com, but it didn't really work for me. Could someone please give me the link for a good version that works? Thanks.
maca_§

Grunge

Post by maca_§ »

This ain't a bump. It's a sticky :P.
Anyway if that trial link is not working try Googling for another.
Or check out Download.com.
RaVNzCRoFT

Grunge Pyre

Post by RaVNzCRoFT »

Thanks for your help, maca, but I got the Adobe one to work.
gh0570fchurch

Snitch!

Re: -Tutorial- How to make your movies look wide screen/ no

Post by gh0570fchurch »

Mr.Azn wrote:Record what you want to do (the grass)
:lol:

anyway, ive been wondering this for a while. thanks, big help :D (i know its a pretty old thread, and its been here for a while, but... i.. guess... i just never it before.
Dr.Cox wrote:gh0570fchurch has a mexi-stash. =D