Flame/Spam Crackdown

Discuss general issues about modding HaloPC. Post ideas for mods here.
kaptainkommie

Wordewatician 500

Flame/Spam Crackdown

Post by kaptainkommie »

I've have been working hard over the past couple of weeks removing spam/pointless/flame posts as I find them, warnings have also been issued to these users, and when they were not heeded, those users were been banned.

ONCE AGAIN, IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING PRODUCTIVE TO POST, DO NOT POST AT ALL IN THAT THREAD.

If your post is neither productive nor relevent to the thread, it will be edited or deleted (more than likely the latter; it's faster).

Another large problem recently is people's inability to use the quote system properly. You should only use quotes in your response if it could be unclear as to what/who your post is referring to. There is no need to quote someone's post everytime you respond, nor is there a need to EVER EVER EVER quote images. After you've quoted something using the button, you should (and can easily) remove parts of the quote that are not relevant to your response. Continued abuse of quoting (see above), will result in preventative action.

Flaming will no longer be tolerated at all. There is no excuse for flaming, not even in response to being flamed. Simply report the flame to me and ignore it. If you do not, BOTH users will be in violation of our TOS. Consider yourselves forewarned. This is your ONLY warning. If I find any user flaming, they will be banned from the forums for 3 days.

Do not double/triple post. If you submit your post and realize that you messed up or left something out. Click the EDIT button and fix your post.

To the responsible users of the forums: continue helping and following the rules, but help us [admins/moderators] improve the forums by reporting threads/posts that are flames/spam. I cannot speak for the other admins and moderators of this forum, but feel free to PM me the URL to the thread/post in question. DO NOT PM WITH FILES FORUMS ISSUES, they will be disregarded.