Changing Name Of Map

Discuss general issues about modding HaloPC. Post ideas for mods here.
tekhead

Changing Name Of Map

Post by tekhead »

I have a CE converted map of Zanzibar to Halo PC. I would like to change the name of the map so it will come up in Halo's Server Browser. I converted the Halo CE name to putput.map ( ChironTL34 ). I used a hex editor trying to find ChironTL34 in the putput.map and can could not find it. Does anybody know where I can change the name ChironTL34 to Zanzibar?

Thanks in advance
Altimit01

Connoisseur Snitch! Literarian 500

Re: Changing Name Of Map

Post by Altimit01 »

There are two places you'd want to change the name. One is in the ui.map. The other is in the map itself. To edit the name that displays while you're loading you'll want to edit one of the USTR tags in the map itself. I'm fairly certain the names displayed in the browser can be modified with a USTR tag in the ui.map somewhere. Browse around in there and you should be able to find it.
Download Eschaton: Halomods | Filefront | Mediafire
tekhead

Post by tekhead »

How do you edit the name USTR Tags? Also I used my hex editor and did not see the map name Chiron in the ui.map

Thanks
DeadHamster

Snitch! Advisor Articulatist 500

Post by DeadHamster »

You use Eschaton, and select the tags. You can then edit whatever the message is.
Altimit01

Connoisseur Snitch! Literarian 500

Post by Altimit01 »

The names are encoded using UTF-16 which unlike UTF-8 and ASCII won't show up with a simple text search. Characters would look like "W"+null+"O"+null+"R"+null+"D"+null.
Download Eschaton: Halomods | Filefront | Mediafire