Give Map A Different Name!

Discuss general issues about modding HaloPC. Post ideas for mods here.
tekhead

Give Map A Different Name!

Post by tekhead »

Ok i have a modded map called bloodgulch. I want to change the name of the map to wizard. The reason I want to change the name of the map it will give 2 versions of the bloodgulch map

Thanks in advance
sashankta
Readers Club

Re: Give Map A Different Name!

Post by sashankta »

I think you can do some simple Hex edits to change map name...
tekhead

Post by tekhead »

just did I changed the name from bloodgulch to damnation did not work o'well lol
WaeV

Advisor

Post by WaeV »

Did you just rename it in explorer? Or did you use a hex editor to change the name?

Hmm. i would convert the map to CE with this really old tool that I have, then use harbinger to convert it back to PC as damnation / whatever.
tekhead

Post by tekhead »

I have a converted CE version of Coagulation to PC. Now what I want to do is change the name of the map to damanation ot putput or wizard so I can use this map on my server. I already have a modded version of blood gulch.
So I need to change the Coagulation map to any of the 3 names listed above. I use a hex editor and change the name and it did not work. So I need some way to change the name of the Coagulation map. Well im using harbringer now to see if I can convert the

Thanks in advanced Coagulation map ( bloodgulch.map file ) to wizard.map. Looks like it will take a while for the conversion. So we shall see what happends with the coversion. I dont know how long it takes to convert the bloodgulch.map to change it to wizard.map

cya
WaeV

Advisor

Post by WaeV »

Ok, so you were converting a CE map to begin with? Yes, just pick which map you want it to replace in harbinger. Glad I could help.
MoDFox

Post by MoDFox »

Or just convert it again with Harbinger from Bloodgulch.map to whatever.map (one of the set ones).
Yes, Harbinger can do PC > PC.
xgage24

Post by xgage24 »

can anyone tell me were harbinger is found

nevermind found it