Halo: All out music

Discuss general issues about modding HaloPC. Post ideas for mods here.
Pakundo

Halo: All out music

Post by Pakundo »

I've been thinking about the idea of replacing all of Halo PC's music with other sounds, from Halo 2 and 3.
Every cinematic, every combat music, even some ambient sounds, EVERYTHING that can be replaced.
I'm sure it's possible, though last time I tried to do that(and that was just a single track), it didn't work.

Luckily, Pepis has provided a neat tutorial that might just work for me.
Just a question, though: Would you like to play Halo with an entirely different soundtrack?
I think that if I make this sound replacement mod good enough, it might just complement SPv2, but let's not think big and do little, I'll get to see if I can really pull this.

Edit 1: Ok, so the first setback I've encountered is the full realisation that because all of the sounds are devided to 5 second chunks, means that this mod is going to be a headache.

Edit 2: For that manner, I'd like to ask if anyone here knows of any program that can split an audio file to 5 second chunks, because that would LITERALLY save me the pain...

Edit 3: Hmmm... Why does HMT save the chunks in .wav, when it's clear the chunck is ogg?

Edit 4: Wow, it's cruel, now I'll have to replace a10...

Edit 5: Ok, so I know the music files are not as convinient as full tracks, but are 5 second chunks.
Let's say I can live with that.
But I see that the chunks format is off - ogg files in .wav, and I just can't make sure I get the right encoding settings...
Well, who said life was easy? :?

Edit 6: Ok, now it looks like HMT hates me - I extract a music chunk and import it, without doing anything else, no changes, and yet Halo STILL crashed.
What in heaven's name is wrong with it?
Can't I import ANY music file without it crashing?
The amount of YouTube videos under my name gets larger and larger... :D
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=CptPakundo
botternub

Post by botternub »

halo pc's music is way better than halo 2 or halo 3's music.

i have all the soundtracks and the only one i actually listen to is halo pc
timmy42

Post by timmy42 »

I use Audacity on the mac, very good with videogame music...

idk if it's PC compatable
Main

Post by Main »

timmy42 wrote:I use Audacity on the mac, very good with videogame music...

idk if it's PC compatable
Audacity is an opensource program, there is a version for Windows as well.
Very small due to Signature Regulations.
WaeV

Advisor

Post by WaeV »

I remember working with sounds, you can see my discussions in the therad you posted. I think that when it saves as oggs, they're actually wavs. Like you need to rename them, not convert them.