help please

Discuss general issues about modding HaloPC. Post ideas for mods here.
No man

help please

Post by No man »

um can someone give me the bitmap.maps file because i did something to mine without making a backup
you were killed by No Man

[email protected]
Danke

Wordewatician 500 Mad Hatter

Post by Danke »

lol
That files is HUGE.
Your best bet is to reinstall. My computer doesn't have enough storage space to get it off the CD. Just make everything read-only except for bitmaps.map and reinstall. That should work.
No man

um

Post by No man »

is ther any ppfs or whatever that are of the original or someway to get rid of the old ppf thingy majig

[email protected]
Danke

Post by Danke »

You can always ask for the dds files you need to re-replace, we can do that.
No man

??

Post by No man »

whats a dds

[email protected]
Danke

Post by Danke »

they're textures that are exported from bitmaps.map. Using HMT you can inject the originals back in, thus making your bitmaps.map as good as new. Just telling us what was changed will be enough, but be as specific as possible, the mod's name would be good too.
jimmsta

Post by jimmsta »

you shouldn't be editing the bitmaps file if you don't know what a dds is... if you've been injecting data into the bitmaps file, and not making sure to format them into dds files... well, it's obvious what the problem is...
No man

ok

Post by No man »

i used http://www.halomods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=575 the on on that link. gulchwars or something. i just need the warthog wheels to be normal and the banshee im pretty sure.

i didnt really edit myself i put in some thing with the ppf omatic or whatever

[email protected]
SirLuke

Location: On his ass. No, I mean all the time. Whether it's computer, TV, whatever, on his ass.

Post by SirLuke »

Um, WHAT? Did you just put your mod in the bitmaps.map? That's what it sounds like...
You can get the bitmaps.map off of your CD, you need to explore it and go to FilesCab. Look into one of the .cab files. I think it's in the first one.
Signature exceeded 3 lines of text.
Danke

Post by Danke »

I tried that. It didn't work. My computer said the file was too big to copy. It puts the file somewhere before sending it to the maps folder, I guess the itermediate folder has a space limit, because I've got about 11GB left on my computer.