Teleport trigger mod

Discuss general issues about modding HaloPC. Post ideas for mods here.
Count Zero

Teleport trigger mod

Post by Count Zero »

I was wondering if there was any way to make the teleporter trigger one of the light beams (like at the bases of Infinity) when someone goes through it? The other way would be kind of awesome too. Make everyone randomly teleport when someone jumps through the light beam. Not very interested in the second one though.

Thanks.

-Count Zero
silencer88

Post by silencer88 »

you can make the teleporter be on the light beam if you use Sparkedit.

just move the teleporter origin
Hivemind

Wordewatician 500

Post by Hivemind »

yeah, the creator of this site made it so u cant ask questions about spakedit, which it seems not many people use, but yet its a great program.. gotta luv it
If your significance is that but significant then is there another with significance?
Count Zero

Post by Count Zero »

Hivemind, not to be rude, but what does that have to do with my post? I assume since you praised "spakedit" (SparkEdit) that you meant to say ". . .can ask question about SparkEdit." I have SparkEdit, very nice program, but it doesn't currently support the light beams that I'm talking about. They just show up as black lines right now. I posted my question here because there seems to be people that know more than just SparkEdit here. Oh, that's right, you were just trying to boost your post count. Nice job.

Anyway, back to the subject of my original post.
It seems to me that it would be extremely difficult to produce the effect I want. I believe the light beam is another peice of scenery with a timer to produce the beam shooting effect. The only way to have a certain teleport activate the beam shooting into the sky would be to change the timer function to a trigger of some sort. Anyone able to confirm this?

Just my logic. Thanks again.

-Count Zero