HPC: 56 Questions Answered Here

Discuss general issues about modding HaloPC. Post ideas for mods here.
Kamatzu

Droplet Wordewatician 500

Post by Kamatzu »

I got a perfect nuke in bg...i forgot how but i did :oops:...ill post meh nuke gulch in the files forum now 8) maybe add some other things...
[users]Woo-chopper5

Post by [users]Woo-chopper5 »

Okay, to make a nuke, you need to save some meta and rebuild the map. If you want, you can duplicate the rocket launcher and mod the duplicated rocket launcher so you can have a nuke and the rocket launcher in the map.

Step 1

Open up HMT and open The Maw map (d40). Open up the Particle System menu, click on "levels\d40\devices\poa_explosion\effects\poa explosion," and save the meta. Make sure the box next to Recursive is checked.

Step 2 (I'm assuming you have already batch extracted the map you want to mod.)

Find where you saved the meta, copy the folders and paste them into the folder where you batch extracted the map you want to mod. Click "Yes to all" when you paste the folders. Now rebuild the map you want to mod and Add the meta for the POA explosion.

Step 3

Open the map you want to mod in HMT. Find "weapons\frag grenade\effects\explosion med" under Particle Systems and swap it for the newly imported POA explosion meta. Now, find "weapons\rocket launcher\effects\rocket exhaust" and swap it for "weapons\flamethrower\effects\fp_defoliant3." This will change the explosion and the flame effect of the rocket. Now, you'll want to change the damage of the rocket to get the full effect of the nuke. You can do this under Damage. (If you duplicated the rl, then exchange the meta values for your duplicated weapon.)

Step 4

I'd recommend changing the ammo and clip size of the rocket launcher so there aren't multiple nukes. You can do this under Weapons and changing some numbers for the rl. You can also change the arc, speed and life span for the rocket under Projectiles.

Step 5

Save all your changes and copy the modded map into Halo's map folder. You now have a nuke in the map you modded.

This does not change the sound to what MonoxideC put in his mod, and there is no little flare in the middle of where the nuke explodes.
I see...
JagerKatze

Post by JagerKatze »

Question...what exactly does life span do? Is that how many seconds it lasts before it goes kaputt?
[users]Woo-chopper5

Post by [users]Woo-chopper5 »

Basicly, yes. I'm not sure if it's that many seconds or meters or whatever, but it's how long an object will last before it explodes (rockets) or disappears (bullets and things of the sort).
I see...
HunterXI

Post by HunterXI »

Im very sure that it's distance. example: rockets have a distance of 1000, and you almost never not see them explode. needlers have a life span of like 20, and you really notice the short life... more specifically that they all explode at the EXACT same point in distance.

that probably wasn't too coherent, but meh, Im tired...
This post printed on 100% recycled electrons.
John Spartan

Post by John Spartan »

Q: in the tut for puting AI into a mp lvl i always get an exeption data
JagerKatze

Post by JagerKatze »

HunterXI wrote:Im very sure that it's distance. example: rockets have a distance of 1000, and you almost never not see them explode. needlers have a life span of like 20, and you really notice the short life... more specifically that they all explode at the EXACT same point in distance.

that probably wasn't too coherent, but meh, Im tired...
any idea on what sort of measurements we are talking here and an estimate on what about half of BG would be? Make the nuke worth fighting for and short distance only...
John Spartan

Post by John Spartan »

when i do ur tut. for the AI i get an exeption data error. It happens when im about to get into the modded level

if u can plz help me :cry:
MasterNeoChief

Conceptionist

Post by MasterNeoChief »

1) When I swap Jackalls with Marines, they won't attack me. I tried all kinds of things, but it still doesn't work.
2) How do you make a Pelican destroyable and fall down? I think I saw this in HackingHalo movies.
3)What is a good seat for an Elite?
G-driver elite doesn't work.
Apocalyptic

Post by Apocalyptic »

MasterNeoChief wrote: 2) How do you make a Pelican destroyable and fall down? I think I saw this in HackingHalo movies.
adjust the collision model in hmt

Q: how do u make things invisible(for example a hog?)?
Crispy

Post by Crispy »

yea, im wondering how you can add unlimited ammo to plasma weapons and also turn off the overheat on plasma weapons and also on the flamethrower.
John Spartan

Post by John Spartan »

to make things invisible u need something like milkshape. First u take a part of the vehical and compress it as small as u can than keep on doing that until the whole thing is just one dot
JagerKatze

Post by JagerKatze »

John Spartan wrote:to make things invisible u need something like milkshape. First u take a part of the vehical and compress it as small as u can than keep on doing that until the whole thing is just one dot
Oooor you can swap the meta of its texture with a shader such as the windshield of the hog or the teleporter shield
John Spartan

Post by John Spartan »

u could do that to if u want

both ways willl work
JagerKatze

Post by JagerKatze »

MasterNeoChief wrote:1) When I swap Jackalls with Marines, they won't attack me. I tried all kinds of things, but it still doesn't work.
2) How do you make a Pelican destroyable and fall down? I think I saw this in HackingHalo movies.
3)What is a good seat for an Elite?
G-driver elite doesn't work.
1) It auto sets thier team, and the marines for that matter to the same team...human...

2) for mp you could rebuild with the pelican and the pelican destroyed from maw

3) try the banshee- B-Driver i think
JagerKatze

Hosting...

Post by JagerKatze »

Anyone know of a good, HUGE site to host my mods and pictures on etc? I think the forumns has issues with me uploading my mods and movies and the sort....
Superfly

Post by Superfly »

or too make things invisible you just find the bitmap you want to make invisible and replace it with the bitmap called Cryo Glass. Thus making it invisible.
JagerKatze

Post by JagerKatze »

Same thing, only issue being if its a vehicle and you wanna still be able to get in, you'll need to apply a shader instead so you can see its outline. Not sure what shader category though, cause I wanna make the ghosts REALLY ghostie...but I was wondering
1. what do i need to do to set active cammo to a vehic
2. is it possible to set the collision model of a ghost off so that it can drive through bases and such?
Superfly

Post by Superfly »

Well correct me if im wrong but if you took the collision model off of the ghost you would pass through the wall but would you stop as soon as MC gets near it cos of his collision model.

And alos if you took the ghost Collison off wouldnt you either fall through the floor?
MasterNeoChief

Conceptionist

Post by MasterNeoChief »

Okay 2 questions are solved.
Now I still need to know how to make the Pelican destroyable.
It doesn't work with Rebuilding, and it doesn't work with editing collision model.